BFP after AF..? what is going on?

callmedan

Reaction score
on Saturday at 9dpo got a bfn on a test then later that day AF started
it was quite light (but red and sometimes would say it was medium flow) and my temp stayed high which i found strange so took a test Monday evening at 12dpo which to my shock was a positive, took another 10 mins later which was even darker!

this morning IC was slightly fainter but got a clear line on a FRER and took an IC this evening which seems darker again

but I am still bleeding lightly and it is red

does anyone know whats going on? im worried about ectopic but not had any sharp pains in either side so far

thanks
:flower:

Attachments

• IMG_2841.jpg
    IMG_2841.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 74
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 65
I've read on here that some ladies still have a light af when pregnant, I had bleeding with dd2 but mine was heavy, those tests are certainly bfp hun xx

Edit to add, I would try and get an Dr's appointment to make sure alls ok xx

I agree--positive HPT + bleeding is always a reason to call the doctor right away. If it's progesterone deficiency they may be able to get supplementation started to save things. If it's a subchorionic hematoma, that needs to be monitored closely until it resolves (I had one at 6 weeks with DD). If there's any chance of it being ectopic, that needs to be looked at too. Ectopic can occur with or without pain.

Only a doctor will be able to investigate this properly, hon. Please call your doctor as soon as you can

FXed everything turns out okay for you x

thanks for taking the time to reply :flower:
going to hopefully book a dr's apt for tomorrow in the morning! xx

I see them. And would def get into doctor as they seem to be darkening

Hope everything goes well at the doctor! I agree,some women do have bleeding if they're pregnant (especially around when af is due) that can be confused with af. That strong of a line though after bleeding and with it progressing makes me think your little bean is still hanging out in there :) FXed

just an update, test lines getting stronger, went to doctors today she said it seems like all is well and just keep an eye on things
being cautiously positive! :blush:
ovulated 9th of September so 4 weeks pregnant today!

Yay for the good news from the doctor!!! Did the doctor have an explanation for the bleeding?

Yay for the good news from the doctor!!! Did the doctor have an explanation for the bleeding?

she said it sounded like implantation bleeding and i told her it lasted a while and it was red and everything but Dr seemed pretty confident it was still implantation!

she said it sounded like implantation bleeding and i told her it lasted a while and it was red and everything but Dr seemed pretty confident it was still implantation!

Yay! I have read of some heavy implantation bleeds. If your doctor isn't stressed, then you shouldn't be. :) Did they do a blood test?

Congratulations! Must have been quite a shock!
I wish you a wonderful pregnancy

Thanks everyone!

Yay! I have read of some heavy implantation bleeds. If your doctor isn't stressed, then you shouldn't be. :) Did they do a blood test?

No she didn't even mention it she was just like totally chill about the whole thing, kind of put me at ease really
Looks like we are due the same time look forward to seeing you on the pregnancy boards!

I bled for weeks in the first tri. They did a couple US to find the source and never could! Maybe just a sensitive cervix.
All is well with our little man!

I bled for weeks in the first tri. They did a couple US to find the source and never could! Maybe just a sensitive cervix.
All is well with our little man!

thanks for sharing, makes me feel better! hopefully thats all it is with me too.
congrats on your baby boy!

On 10dpo(same day I got my bfp), I had blood streaked on clear CM at one point and then there was on and off pink when I wiped for the rest of that day and the next. Also a second cousin of mine had period like bleeding throughout her whole pregnancies.

So long as the heavy bleeding isn't accompanied by terrible cramps, I wouldn't worry. Especially if your doctor isn't worried either. :)

Good luck and h&h 9 months! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->