BFP after chemical last month

pukkie

Mother of 1
Reaction score
We're currently trying for baby #1 and I had a rather unexpected BFP last Thursday! :happydance:

I had a chemical/early miscarriage around 5weeks last month (the Dr saw the gestational sac on the ultrasound), and I got heavy cramping and bleeding a few days later. They did a blood test 1.5 weeks after the bleeding and the HCG had gone down to under 5 already.

When AF still hadn't been over 2 weeks later I took a test: faint line, positive. That was last Thursday. I've used Internet cheapies every day since Thursday and the line has been getting darker. It never got this dark with my chemical last month.

I'm pretty scared about the whole chemical thing happening again...
I've got an appointment this afternoon and I'm so nervous. I reckon they'll do another blood test?

Has anyone else gone through the same thing?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 19
I am going through this ! I also had a chemical last month at 5 weeks !
Now I'm getting faint bfps getting darker .. I bled today but it has already stopped with my darker BFP I'm hopeful .
You'll probably be sent for blood work .. I haven't called my doc yet just waiting until the weekend to see if I continue to get darker lines !

Update:
So I had my appointment yesterday, it was fine!
The dr did want to do a blood test to have an idea of where the HCG is at right now to have a number to compare it to in case wee need it (like if I was to start bleeding). I also had an ultrasound, it's very early days. We didn't really see much but according to the dr everything looked good so far. The dr was pretty certain he found the teeny-tiny spot that is my baby :) So exciting! And it's pretty much where it should be in the uterus, not at all like with the chemical. That sure makes me hopeful!

Got another appointment in about 3 weeks to have another look and also to try and date the pregnancy more accurately. Since AF hasn't been since my chemical it's all a bit of guesswork at this point.

I am going through this ! I also had a chemical last month at 5 weeks !
Now I'm getting faint bfps getting darker .. I bled today but it has already stopped with my darker BFP I'm hopeful .

Wow, really - so we share the same story! But firstly, congratulations on your BFP!
The lines getting darker should be a good sign... Do you have any idea how many dpo you might be? Bleeding can be so scary, but at least it's stopped... Good luck with this - to both of us!!! :thumbup::winkwink:

That's great news !
I think I'm 15 dpo now .. That's just going by O pains and EWCM .
I'm still bleeding a bit today haven't tested again yet but I'll let you know !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->