BFP after Vasectomy Reversal. *Dec '13 RESULTS* 70% got a BFP within 1yr! :-)

Thanks so much for your reply - it has made me feel more positive. Fingers crossed for January.

xxx

so lovely to hear more success stories! I love updating the poll on here, it's great to see that no matter what the circumstances after the VR, the results are so good! Very inspiring for those considering the VR :thumbup: xx

Hello

My fiancé has had vasectomy reversal today. He was only able to have one side done. The doctor said the side he repaired had been successful.

Anyone got any success stories with a one sided reversal? His original vasectomy was 11 years ago.

Thanks so much

Xxxxxxxx

Hi there! Congrats on getting the VR done (well,your hubby) lol. I have heard lots of success with only one side. Our sperm count was so low but we still conceived, so so long as sperm is present, it really doesn't matter where it comes from if you know what I mean. If you look on here,I set up a group called 'the vasectomy reversal wives and girlfriends club (VR WaGs) and there are lots of ladies on there currently going through their TTC journey after a VR. Would definitely recommend a visit to the thread as they are lovely and have lots of advice and support.

Wishing you the very best of luck on your TTC journey! Xxxx

Thanks so much for your fast reply. I'll have a look.

Guess I'm being greedy and want both sides!

Xxxxxx

Hi :wave:

My DH only had one side done, and we now have Holly, who is 2! Obviously, it lessens your chances slightly, but it's definitely not a barrier to success.

Good luck x x

Thanks Saphire1.

I read all of the 'one sided' stories in Dr Dawson's waiting room - I probably read your story.

I just really hope it works.

xxx

My husband who is 43(im 36), had his vasectomy in December 1999. He had the reversal done on July 8th 2010 and they only saw sperm on one side, then after not getting pregnant after 2 years of trying we decided to get a sperm analysis done and it was only 7 million per/ml. The doctor told me there was still a chance and just to keep trying. I was going to go back and try an IUI if I didnt get pregnant by this spring........Well, I just found out yesterday I am pregnant! Went to the dr and got it confirmed. Im am so excited right now. After 2 and a half years of trying I was shocked it actually happened. Dont give up hope if it ends up taking a long time.

Hi i am new to this post. My DH had is V May 2011 as we though our family was complete.But since have discided we would like another. As i am 41 and DH is 40,we are wondering where/who to go to. I have done lots of research on the interent and have been lurking on this site( in the back ground) for a while reading the various post. I think i have shorted listed to either M Henley in derby( although he is the most expencive,) seems to be the only one that test the fluild during the op for SA. Mr Harris in Notts or Mr Swinn Spire Gatwick but neither of thyem test the fluid or seem to be able to preform a VE if needed. Has any one else been to either of them, and has had a VR under 3 years form V? Any advise or experiences would really help us.

Hi i am new to this post. My DH had is V May 2011 as we though our family was complete.But since have discided we would like another. As i am 41 and DH is 40,we are wondering where/who to go to. I have done lots of research on the interent and have been lurking on this site( in the back ground) for a while reading the various post. I think i have shorted listed to either M Henley in derby( although he is the most expencive,) seems to be the only one that test the fluild during the op for SA. Mr Harris in Notts or Mr Swinn Spire Gatwick but neither of thyem test the fluid or seem to be able to preform a VE if needed. Has any one else been to either of them, and has had a VR under 3 years form V? Any advise or experiences would really help us.

Hi there! :wave: I'm so sorry that I've only just seen this?
My hubby had his done with Dr.Harriss in Nottingham and he was amazing! Had heard such good things about him and his succss rates and my hubby had his reversed after 8years and we conceived within 3months! our SA results were really bad aswell. So long as you have at least one and its swimming, then you stand a good enough chance! :thumbup: It only takes one! :winkwink: I was temping and tracking ovulation too, that helped alot! :winkwink: xx

Thanks for the contributions to the poll, keep them coming! :thumbup: I should have done 6months as an option as so many of the 'under 1 year' BFPs were actually in a matter of months post VR! XX

Dh had his vr with mr. Harriss 7 yrs post vr. We opted not to go for SA as it only takes 1 lil guy right?! Well as you can see from my sig im now preggo with #3 all post vr. Mr harriss did tell me on the night of the vr that he had sperm on both sides and gave us a 50/50 chance of conception.

The whole time we were researching vr we decided on mr duncan in hartlepool but booked a last minute consultation with mr harriss and he just felt right for us, best decision ever!!

Dh had his vr with mr. Harriss 7 yrs post vr. We opted not to go for SA as it only takes 1 lil guy right?! Well as you can see from my sig im now preggo with #3 all post vr. Mr harriss did tell me on the night of the vr that he had sperm on both sides and gave us a 50/50 chance of conception.

The whole time we were researching vr we decided on mr duncan in hartlepool but booked a last minute consultation with mr harriss and he just felt right for us, best decision ever!!

OMG! Hi Chell! :wave:
Do you remember joining the VR WaGs group after I set it up afew years ago just before hubby went for his VR? We went with Dr.Harriss too! :thumbup: I remember you were one of the first of us to get pregnant and now you're expecting your 3rd! :thumbup::happydance: fantastic news! Congratulations! :happydance: How are you keeping? xxx

OMG! Hi Chell! :wave:
Do you remember joining the VR WaGs group after I set it up afew years ago just before hubby went for his VR? We went with Dr.Harriss too! :thumbup: I remember you were one of the first of us to get pregnant and now you're expecting your 3rd! :thumbup::happydance: fantastic news! Congratulations! :happydance: How are you keeping? xxx

Yep of course i remember and i remeber your bfp :happydance: im keeping really well, we're really getting our moneys worth from this vr lol. I love having the little ones around and feel so privilaged we are on #3. I had my scan last week and all is well <3 hopefully we'll be bump buddies this time round :) how are you and lo doing?

ah yay! Would love to be bump buddies! :happydance: :thumbup:you were 4months ahead of me with our first so If I get my BFP this month then it'll be the same! Lol. Frazer and Maycie are just perfect! So cute! True miracle babies are VR bubbas ay? :hugs: Have you a preg journal? Ive got one but cant remember how to link it to my sig. Xx

Congratulations on your pregnancy hun!!! :happydance::happydance:H&H 9 months to you!!! :thumbup:

https://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o745/xforeveryoungg/congratulations.png

Thanks wannabe, I see you're preggo with twins that's fab, sorry you had a journey but I'm so glad you got there.

Live_in_hope I don't have a preggo journal but I do have a blog, I did think of starting one but I don't think I would have much time to update it, I'm a bit rubbish at updating y blog to be honest these two keep me on my toes every hour of the day and night lol. I am going to try and find your journal now tho so I can keep an eye on you, I'll be willing on that bfp for you, when are you testing??

it's fab isnt it! I follow my surgeon on FB and love it when the page gets updated with pregancy updates! Actually inboxed afew ladies who commented on a post and recommended they drop in on this website.:thumbup: it certainly helped me no end! Xx

it's fab isnt it! I follow my surgeon on FB and love it when the page gets updated with pregancy updates! Actually inboxed afew ladies who commented on a post and recommended they drop in on this website.:thumbup: it certainly helped me no end! Xx

Do you have him as an actual friend? I hadn't though of adding him on there haha, I wonder whats the most amount of babies someone has had after a VR? :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->