BFP and I have an upcoming ovarian scan? Can It still be performed?

MissR

R+R+J+Dot
Reaction score
I am going to my docs in a couple of hours and I will ask them but I'm so impatient!

Has anyone had a scan on the ovaries? Obviously, it won't harm baby as it is just an ultrasound, but can the scan still be performed now that I am pregnant? If not I would rather cancel now so that someone else can have my appointment time rather than not turn up.

Any advice would be appreciated x

Why were they looking at them? If it was suspected cysts etc then they will probably still look at them as you can tell a lot even in pregnacy but if it was due to IF issues then probably not.
Happy nine months

I had a scan yesterday that was meant to be a pelvis scan as I'd been having unexplained bleeding before I got pregnant. The tech still had a look and checked everything over, she just showed me baby too.

why would you need to cancel?

you already acknowledged that its safe

Thank you ladies, that helps a lot.

Venapols, only because I didn't know if it could still be performed while pregnant. If it was pointless going as I wasn't sure if pregnancy would change how they see things on the scan. It is to check for cysts so will be going to make sure all is ok.

Thanks everyone!

I had my dating scan last week and I specifically recall the tech looking and taking snapshots of my ovaries - it must have been routine for her to check them as well since there was no other reason for her to do so. So I would say you should still go as they can definitely be checked out while pregnant

Brilliant, thank you. Just wanted to make sure Is all :) x

the do check your overies during pregnancy to check for the follicle that released the egg... the follicle remains after the egg is released and is what controls the hormones like progesterone so it needs to be checked for viability

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpus_luteum

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"