BFP/BFN confusion

mathymum

Reaction score
So this is going to be quite the essay.
Last month (May 4th) I had a chemical pregnancy. I had positives on the 1st and 2nd of that month, negatives on the 3rd, and passed everything on the 4th. I spotted most of that month, and had my next "af" on June 1st. It wasn't a proper af, just the heaviest and reddest flow. Around the 11th or 12th of June, DH and I bd, but he didn't finish during the bd, but afterwards, elsewhere (without giving too detail much lol). We then properly bd on the 16th, and on the 17th I got a very strongly positive opk. Now this is the weird part. On the 21st and the 22nd I got tons (5+, with 3 different brands) of faint bfps. Then the evening of the 22nd, and every day since, nothing but bfns. I normally o on cd 18-20 with a 12-13 day luteal phase, putting me at expecting af around the 30th. I'm so confused as to what's going on. Mainly, why I haven't started bleeding or spotting after getting bfns.

Just to make things even more confusing, I got one suuuuuper faint bfp today on a dollar test (SMU), but bfns later with the same brand. I am so lost, and would LOVE input.

Is it possible I could have ovulated around the 13th, gotten pregnant, and then ovulated again around the 18th? Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

I would ask for the blood hcg test. that's really the only way to know unless af shows up soon. it could just be sitting at such a low level that it depends on how concentrated our urine is.try again in the morning with FMU

I called my ob/gyn and they said they wouldn't see me until I was like 8 weeks! I don't really have the money to get a blood test at the ER or anything, how frustrating! With my successful pregnancy, I was seen at like 5 or 6 weeks for confirmation.

If I actually had a chemical, shouldn't I be bleeding by now??

how long has it been since you should of started?
your regular dr can put in for the hcg blood test too I believe. if you go into the dr just tell them u have some stomach pains/cramping and have done a few hcg test but they are giving mixed results. they will either do one there or just send u to gyn for pain in that area in which they will test u sooner. just a thought though. your levels may just be really low and taking time to rise

I'm not sure when I should start because I spotted/bled so much in May and the beginning of June. The closest thing I had to af started June 1st, which would make me due for af like the 30th or so.

If you can, I would get a blood test, just because that's the only sure fire way to know.

I guess I will be trying to get in with a doc on Monday.

so just to make this more confusing, after almost a week of nothing but negatives, I've gotten two more faint faint bfps again on dollar tests....

:dust:
I vote testing with a digital or first early response test in a couple days! & congrats!

call your doctor and say that you have been getting BFPs and your cycles have been so messed up that you are not sure how many weeks you are..which is partially true, but it should get you in earlier

Thanks for the advice ladies. I took another dollar test this morning and my line was slightly darker!! So I took a frer and it was totally bfn, and now I'm spotting. On another forum, I'm seeing picture after picture of this particular brand (VeriQuick) with super faint lines and I'm starting to think a good portion of these tests just give faint lines. Frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->