BFP first month - and we really didn't TRY properly!

Discussion in 'BFP Announcements' started by LogansMama, Aug 23, 2009.

1. LogansMama

LogansMama Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I am so damn shocked right now. DH agreed THIS cycle to begin TTC. We DTD 2 times at the very beginning of my cycle... way too early to have worked! The next two times were closer to my O date, but he PO, so I didn't think we had any chance in hell of getting preggo! He was chickening out! Lot of good that did him. Geesh. He must have super sperm or something!

We have ALWAYS used withdrawl as our method of BC (I'm talking like 12 out of 15 years!). We have never had an OOPS. The only other time I got pregnant was planned! OMG OMG OMG! This is unbelievable!

2. Alexas Mommy

Alexas Mommy Well-Known Member

Awesome and inspiring news to those WTT girls who are currently using thePO method :) LOL Here is to a happy and healthy 9 months!! :hugs:

3. Jessa

Jessa Guest

Congrats! You're a lucky girl! :)

4. LogansMama

Oh my god. I'm still in shock. I haven't told DH yet! He is working right now. I'm DYING to tell someone... but I CAN'T tell anyone else (except you girls LOL) until I tell him. Its soooo hard not to call everyone I know right now!

I would really love to keep it a secret from my friends/family for at least a few weeks. Its gonna be hard. I am tooo excited. I don't think I even believe it yet. I don't FEEL pregnant at ALL! Last time I had crazy symptoms even this early. Right now - nothing. Weird.

Oh geesh. How am I gonna tell my DH???? Help me! Someone please tape my mouth shut before I get my ladder and start shouting from the rooftop! This is CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY. I sooooo did not expect this!!!!

5. LogansMama

And now the panic is starting to set in too! How will we afford two?? I only have a 2 br house! What about that? Will the kids share a room? Logan still sleeps with ME! Ack. Time to try and get him in his own room! Is he gonna be jealous? I hope not! Will I love this baby as much as Logan? Of course I will! But geesh. My mind is SPINNING right now!!!!!!! OMG!

Logan will turn 4 about a month after the new baby arrives. Thats perfect cause he will start pre-K in the fall. But - now he is gonna have to SHARE me his last summer home without being in school full time! And we won't be able to do much with a newborn at home!

Okay - BREATHE! Breathe! Relax. Its allll good!!! :) :)

6. LogansMama

And I just bought a 3 pack of pregnancy tests! What will I do with the other 2??? LOL. I didn't expect the first one to be POSITIVE!!

I guess I'll just retest again in a few days - to confirm whenever I start to feel doubtful! LOL!

7. LogansMama

Oh Man! I should have bought the digital! I was being cheap! I didn't want to waste money on the more expensive one when I thought it was gonna be negative!

8. Chandra426

Chandra426 Pregnant Due 4/26/10

I am so happy for you two!! You are directly behind me in your pregnancy. I am due 4/26 with our first. :)

9. hannah76

hannah76 Well-Known Member

wow logansmom... just wanted to come say congrats again! yay!

10. LogansMama

Chandra - according to the due date calculator online, I'm due May 3rd. I'm hoping for an April baby though!! I'll be happy no matter when the lo arrives though - as long as they are healthy!!

Congrats on your first by the way!! Its soooo exciting!!

11. Sweetie

Sweetie DD, DS, and a Surprise!!!

Congrats hon

12. Beltane

Beltane Mother of 3 Boys!

CONGRATS! You can scream it from the virtual rootops here and we won't tell a soul! Have a happy & healthy 9 months!!!! =)

13. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

congratulations xx

14. poppy

poppy Mum of Three

Congratulations!

xxx

15. LogansMama

I told DH last night. Didn't do anything too fancy. Sent him a text and asked where he was. He said he'd be home soon. Told him to "HURRRRRYYYYY". He asked ???. Told him I had "something CRAZZZYYYY to show" him.

When he came in I showed him the test. He was like "What does this mean?". Um - look at it! ITs not rocket science. Would I be showing you a negative test?? LOL.

He finally got it. Was very surprised - just like me.

16. booflebump

booflebump Mummy to Toby

Ah bless him - men can be a bit dim sometimes! Congratulations! xxx

17. mlyn26

mlyn26 Mummy to Isaac & Jasmine

Gosh congrats, you will make all us TTCers jealous with your not trying pregnancy!!!! If only! H & H 9 months x

18. LogansMama

mlyn26 - LET ME CLARIFY... I was certainly TRYING, DH was just chickening out!

19. BizyBee

BizyBee Mom to Luke, Expecting #2

Congrats! :)

20. mlyn26

mlyn26 Mummy to Isaac & Jasmine

He he, we are certainly the ones who wear the trousers!!!! How funny. Congrats again, sinking in yet? Bet you are on :cloud9: x