BFP... followed by bleeding

smdon

Reaction score
Hey all, I will try to keep this as short as possible, just need some advice from anyone who may have experienced something similar.

In November of last year I experienced a missed miscarriage - miscarriage was at 9 1/2 weeks, baby stopped growing at 6 1/2 weeks, never had a heartbeat. I ended up hospitalized for almost 24 hours so I could be hooked up to IVs because of excessive blood loss. It was pretty awful... not that any case of miscarriage wouldn't be awful. But I had no idea anything was wrong until an ultrasound - some cramping which I assumed was normal but no spotting at all.

Anyway, my body recovered and we decided to try again. This past weekend I found myself looking at another positive pregnancy test. It was a faint positive line on a FRER on Friday and then a YES on a digital on Sunday. Then Sunday I started to have some brown spotting. And then a couple of times when I went to wipe after a pee... bright red blood. Then more pink spotting. Monday was about the same, a bit of red but mostly just light pink. Nothing close to even really needing a pad, just a few streaks on a pantyliner. No cramping, just a few twinges here and there but nothing painful. My main concern is the bright red - it's like a very VERY light period with no cramps but I'm concerned. I took another test this morning and got a pretty dark positive line. Today I have had some light pink when I wipe but nothing more. I am going to go to a walk-in after work to get a blood req to test my HCG but I just wanted to see if anyone out there had this type of bleeding after a BFP.

Thank-you ladies.

I haven't had any experience with this but didn't want to read and run. I do know sometimes some bleeding can be normal but I would call your doctor and explain the situation just to be sure. :hugs:

Hopefully it's just your baby snuggling in causing a bit of implantation bleeding. I have bled in all but one of my pregnancies. It doesn't always mean something bad.

Congrats and fingers crossed for you

Thank-you so much, I really appreciate the words. Had a blood test today and next one is on Friday so we will see if the levels are doing what they should!

I spotted with my second son for a week when I was 4 weeks pregnant. I took a pregnancy test as it was too light for a period. Every so often it was pink but never much. my son is now 4 years old. I was told that it could be implantation bleeding or that my hcg wasn't quite high enough.
I hope you get your hcg levels soon xx

Well I tested 2-3 weeks on a clear blue later on Wednesday and the spotting has pretty much completed subsided. I'm trying not to worry too much and just go with it - unfortunately I'm still getting a lot of anxiety because of the miscarriage. Should find out soon how things are looking!

Its a good sign that your tests are progressing and the bleeding has stopped. I hope things continue to improve.

Thats great news! Sounds like baby is snug and happy.

Yes I hope more than anything that baby is here to stay this time. Fx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->