Bfp ...lines not getting darker

nicksi27

Reaction score
Hi ladies I got my bfp a few days ago and in the past few days I've worked myself into a peeing on astick frenzy!! The lines aren't getting darker and I've tried asda/tesco/Internet cheapies (the i.c's are so faint I have to squint) and a digital which I thought would tell me how many weeks I am and it just said pregnant. Can't keep wasting what little money I have on tests. I think I'm 14 or 15dpo now and in my other pregnancies they lines were as dark as the control line on 13/14dpo. I actually only dtd once last month :blush: then two days later had very light spotting for a few hours so I'm assuming that was ovulation and i know my dates for certain.Still can't believe it to be honest.

Anyone with positive stories of faint lines that didn't end in mc? I'm definitely hormonal though I keep crying and feel absolutely stressed out. Can't snap out of it :wacko:

I didn't get a decent line until almost 5 weeks. I'm. Almost 8 weeks now and saw baby & strong heartbeat on Friday. Every pregnancy is different. Try not to worry! I'd wait 2 days then test again. Good luck!

I was nearly 5 weeks before my lines started matching. Don't compare yourself to other people. I stressed exactly the same with this pregnancy, and ended up spending around $100 in tests by the time all was said and done. I'm now almost 25 weeks pregnant, though, so I can safely say that line darkness means less than you'd think. Some people just don't have crazy high levels of HCG in the beginning. That's really okay. :)

^what they said. I stopped testing at about 4 and a half weeks and my test lines were only just as dark as the control. I thought my hgc was low at 26 at 11dpo but my gp said it was fine. I have now seen a heartbeat on a scan so seems he was right. A bfp is a bfp, try not to stress

mine defo were not as dark as the control line at 13/14 dpo, took about another week before they were. Once i got a 3+ on digi i stoppped testing. Testing drove me mad, i did so many tests and panicked when it wasn't getting dark fast enough for me... but really i am 18 weeks now and everything is perfect
so i would say massive congrats and stop testing now! :)

thank you so much ladies you've really reassured me...im going to stop testing now before i have to re-mortgage the house haha. Booked in with midwife next monday and hopefully will be referred for an early scan like last time at around 8 weeks. Seeing baby on screen will actually make it real :flower:

I agree with the others, no more testing! I had fantastic progression last time and it ended with miscarriage anyway so either way it does't mean much following test lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->