BFP - No sac: too early?

Rainstorm

Mom of 2
Reaction score
Hi girls, I'm kinda worried. I got a BFP last friday on a HPT. Saturday morning we went to the hospital to see if we could confirm. The girl at the ER gave me a qualitative blood test which tested positive as well. This morning I went to my gyn and she sent me for an ultrasound, but the technician said she couldn't see a sac. I'm going for blood tests tomorrow morning, and I probably won't have the results of the beta till wednesday. Do you know when the sac starts showing in the ultrasound?
PD: I cannot calculate based on my LMP cos I'm breastfeeding, and my period has never really returned PP (just some spotting for two days in december)

My doctor won't give an ultrasound before 6 weeks. How far along do you think you are?

I'd say it's just far too early Hun. Our local epu won't even see you till hcg levels are over 1000. I had a blood result of 1406 at about 5 and half weeks was booked in for a scan at 6+1 and at that scan all we saw was a tiny sac. Nothing else. If I'd gone a few days earlier there would have been no way anything would have been visable. Next scan though at 8+1 and we saw baby with a heartbeat. I'd say just give it another week or two before you panic. Sure all is fine.

I might be three or four weeks, so maybe it is too early...

I think it is just too early- I know that disappointing feeling, but in a few weeks you will see your sac, and maybe even a little heartbeat :D

Yeah honestly i dont know what some drs or obgyns get you to do a scan before 5-6weeks. Even if you are high risk etc you simply cant see anything that soon. So many people think that as soon as implantation happens that a sac and stuff right away form. It actually takes 2-3 weeks for the important stuff to show up. Its simply too early for anything to show up. Honestly there was no point in your obgyn getting you to have a scan. Most should be competent enough to understand how soon things should show up on scan and not to do one where nothing will show.

I'm guessing they only did a scan to see if they could date the pregnancy sine the OP said she was still breastfeeding so no definable lmp to go by.

It definitely sounds like it's just too early. They'll probably redo the scan in few weeks to see if they can date the pregnancy then or whenever they normally do dating scans there :)

Thank you all very much for replying. As spunky84 says, they... we thought it was much more advanced because of the spotting I had in december, and the doctor assumed I was around 7 weeks. Anyways, after yesterday's results I started googling and all the threads with the same situation end up in MMC or bad news, which is why I turned to your opinions. But I'll try to stay optimistic and assume it is indeed to early for anything to be seen. I can't wait for the results of the beta test. I read online that the sac begins to show with a beta of 1000 at least.

I'd say it's just far too early Hun. Our local epu won't even see you till hcg levels are over 1000. I had a blood result of 1406 at about 5 and half weeks was booked in for a scan at 6+1 and at that scan all we saw was a tiny sac. Nothing else. If I'd gone a few days earlier there would have been no way anything would have been visable. Next scan though at 8+1 and we saw baby with a heartbeat. I'd say just give it another week or two before you panic. Sure all is fine.

:flower: Congrats on your pregnancy! You and all the other posters :)

HCg was 1600... I hace it checked again tomorrow, results on friday. New scan scheduled for 2/19

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->