BFP or Evaporation?

tansttc

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

New here and don't know my way around just yet so here goes :)

Bit of backround,
Have a child of 8 years old, pregnant first cycle.

Ttc #2
Paragard removed while on period after 2 years

Being 8 years down the line I can't expect to fall pregnant as soon as I did tge previous time, but having the paragard I was never on hormones. So I'm hopeful, been waiting waaaaay too long for this. Anyway

My period is due next Friday (a week away) and I tested this morning with FMU, and wasn't used to this test as the window on my other one had a cover on and this one didn't, so basically it was wet all over, top and bottom and the dye couldn't run it's course. I was out of pee so I just popped it back in it's bag with the silica gel as it was morning rush.

This afternoon I held my urine since this morning to get it concentrated and it was a BFN. I remembered the test of this morning a while later, and after taking it out it looked positive?

Going to test tomorrow again, I know it's early since I'm not even late yet.

Could the result be a false positive? The line is pink, not colourless (the other morning I tested and there wsd a feint line that dissapeared). I read that only HCG will make the test strip colour and that evaporation lines aren't coloured with dye? Driving myself nuts.

Gonna try add a pic.

Control window

Attachments

• IMG_20180224_002314.jpg
    IMG_20180224_002314.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 20
I would say do another and see... Im only thinking evap because the test looks smudgy but I'm no doctor haha...

FX hun. Hope it's a BFP :flower:

Looks really wet but can still see a clear positive line x

Hey ladies :)

The test is dry but it dried all spudgy but never had a second or Evaporation line before. With my son I was already late so it was instantly dark positive.

Will stick to dipping in future.

I tested with the same one the afternoon, not even a shadow. The other morning I could see a feint line as the urine was running but when the control line came up that was gone.

Cheapie this morning, nada

Period only due Friday.

I've been feeling out of sorts, crampy at OV, then fine. Back bewn killing me since wednesday. Stuffy nose. Yesterday sore throat, veiny nipples. Extreme cramping yesterday from my left side where I suspect I ovulated from, and today still a bit sore but up to my ribs.

I've been hormone free for 2+ years and never felt like this a week before AF. The cramps were like period cramps but more a constant dull ache that's worse when moving, and felt worst on the same spot more or less where my csec scar is.

Or I'm imagining all these symptoms.

Not to keen on rushing to buy an expensive clearblue and have it be negative. I have 2 tests left.

I think it's a wonky test. I would retest in a couple of days but I wouldn't use Clearblue as they are awful for evaps and false lines, a digi would be ok but I wouldn't use it early as they aren't sensitive

Thanks @happycupcake

We're not spoilt for choice in Africa ;) would've loved a First Response but it's basically store's own brand or clearblue, or at the chinese mall for $1 tests, but as my luck would have it the 3 near work have no stock and the one that does have stock's tests are expired. Must be Valentine's day;)

I put a test in a plastic bag before and it came out with a blazing second line, the bag traps in the moisture and heat and causes really heavy evaporation, thus really dark evap line. NEVER PUT A USED PREGNANCY TEST IN A PLASTIC BAG X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->