BFP Unexpected

Ladies how have your previous pregnancies and labours been?

My first was conceived on 2nd cycle after chemical and was a much wanted pregnancy and apart from nausea and normal aches and pain everything progressed perfect. I enjoyed the pregnancy. I went into labour on due date and baby was born at 8.16am after 4 hours active labour.
Second baby was 'oh let's see what happens' just the once and I fell pregnant. I was devastated that they gave me 29th December as due date and resented baby for making me feel sick and tired all the time. I had a good pregnancy physically but emotionally I couldn't bond and was worried about my little boy and how he would be with a new baby. Baby was 8 days overdue and after a sweep he finally arrived after 2 hours active labour. I loved him instantly and all was forgiven lol.
Now this time I really don't know what to expect! We are going to find out the sex this time as last 2 were a surprise. This excites me a little as not waiting 9 months to find out ☺️
Also house extension plans are starting immediately as need more space. We only move in this February and plan on doubling the house if we can get planning....

So far this pregnancy is pretty much identical to my other 2. Nausea started week 5 for all (and ended week 9 for my other 2, so i'm hoping/praying the same!). Relatively uneventful pregnancies for the rest of it. My first was born at 37 wks 4 days via emerg csection. My water broke early and his head was stuck. Active labour for about 12 hours. My second was also born on 37 wks 4 days (apparently that's the eviction date my body has set - ha!), and i have a very long labour (36 hours) which ended in a VBAC. I was miserable during recovery and wishing i had had a csection but was glad for it after the fact.

Awe, I know it's a big change. Totally felt like you from the beginning and very often say that this has set us back by a couple years. I was just starting to think about going back to work, and consider a fun holiday with our kids....now all of those things will be on the back burner for quite some time. C'est la vie!

Where in canada do you live Paris?? I'm in Toronto :)

Yay other girls like me!! I have a 5 yo boy and 2 yo girl, and we were always on the fence about a 3rd. Used to really want but lately seems like i'm always exhausted and didn't know if i could handle another one. Was just about to decide on "no" when boom, there was my BFP! Funny how life throws a wrench in your plans. We have no idea where we'll put this little one either, small house.

I can't figure out what my preference is gender-wise. Part of me wants another boy so my guilt about making my daughter the "middle child" will ensure she's at least the only girl. But then I know how much she'd enjoy having a little sister. Ah well, what can you do?

I could have written this!! My son just turned 5 and my daughter is almost 2. We considered a third for a while but recently decided we were done and got rid of the baby stuff. Then surprise bfp! I'm on the fence for gender too. My son really wants a brother but I have only girl stuff left and it would make the room sharing easier as 2 will have to share and my youngest is a girl!

Clever yes I believe we are lucky and this was meant to be. On the school run in the morning I see mothers with 3/4 children and think 'Oh it can't be too bad' also I had to put it all in to perspective and realise there are so many other things that could have happened and a baby is a blessing albeit a blessing that is going to cause caos lol
I am sure in 9 months time we will not remember it not being our plan, I already feel 100% different to what I did 3 days ago. I am looking forward to the changes, I must be crazy. Also I am still feeling well, a little tired early evening, possibly due to lack of caffeine, and a little nauseous first thing in the morning. With my boys I felt pretty bad most of the time

Oh and Clever well done on your VBAC. Mine were both natural but I had quite a bad year with my first which made me uncomfortable for months after. I felt as tight as rain the day after my second

Hello Kimmy, welcome amongst the 'surprise' group 😂

Paris when is baby due? I hope you feel better soon and can enjoy the final stretch of your pregnancy.

Paris when is baby due? I hope you feel better soon and can enjoy the final stretch of your pregnancy.

Thank you for the well wishes! I am due any where from September 8th to the 20th. My cycles were 40 days long before I got pregnant and seeing as I have no idea when I conceived am not entirely sure when it will happen. I am actually kinda dreading labour. I still can't believe I have to go through it, again, stay in hospital and deal with what will likely be a lousy recovery (I've had some pretty bad bleeding issues postpartum with both of my boys).

Thank you for the well wishes! I am due any where from September 8th to the 20th. My cycles were 40 days long before I got pregnant and seeing as I have no idea when I conceived am not entirely sure when it will happen. I am actually kinda dreading labour. I still can't believe I have to go through it, again, stay in hospital and deal with what will likely be a lousy recovery (I've had some pretty bad bleeding issues postpartum with both of my boys).

Oh no really sorry to hear that. It's all worth it in the end thought. I am a little worried about labour but trying not to think about it. Also having another two to look after with a newborn and recovering will be tough so I hope you have good support. We will be finding out the sex at the end of September and to be honest Im itching to know.

Yay other girls like me!! I have a 5 yo boy and 2 yo girl, and we were always on the fence about a 3rd. Used to really want but lately seems like i'm always exhausted and didn't know if i could handle another one. Was just about to decide on "no" when boom, there was my BFP! Funny how life throws a wrench in your plans. We have no idea where we'll put this little one either, small house.

I can't figure out what my preference is gender-wise. Part of me wants another boy so my guilt about making my daughter the "middle child" will ensure she's at least the only girl. But then I know how much she'd enjoy having a little sister. Ah well, what can you do?

I could have written this!! My son just turned 5 and my daughter is almost 2. We considered a third for a while but recently decided we were done and got rid of the baby stuff. Then surprise bfp! I'm on the fence for gender too. My son really wants a brother but I have only girl stuff left and it would make the room sharing easier as 2 will have to share and my youngest is a girl!

Wow, Kimmy, and you're in Canada too!! So amazing how so many people have similar stories, eh? Happy health pregnancy to you! :)

Clever yes I believe we are lucky and this was meant to be. On the school run in the morning I see mothers with 3/4 children and think 'Oh it can't be too bad' also I had to put it all in to perspective and realise there are so many other things that could have happened and a baby is a blessing albeit a blessing that is going to cause caos lol
I am sure in 9 months time we will not remember it not being our plan, I already feel 100% different to what I did 3 days ago. I am looking forward to the changes, I must be crazy. Also I am still feeling well, a little tired early evening, possibly due to lack of caffeine, and a little nauseous first thing in the morning. With my boys I felt pretty bad most of the time

Part of my mental block before was that my four closest girlfriends all had fertility issues and thankfully are all now blessed with 1 child each (2 bio, 2 adopted), but they will all be only children i think. I felt like having two kids was not too far off from 1 but having 3 might really set me aside from them, and perhaps we'd have less in common and be more busy as the years went on. I really worry about losing touch with my close girlies. Love them like sisters.

Oh and Clever well done on your VBAC. Mine were both natural but I had quite a bad year with my first which made me uncomfortable for months after. I felt as tight as rain the day after my second

Thank you. I was quite indifferent to it and actually slightly preferred a csection prior to the birth. I did not even have that bad an injury, but I think i was just unprepared for what was happening to my body. The csection was major surgery and i expected pain, restrictions, a scar. But when that area of your body is torn apart, I don't know. Had an emotional time with it. I'm sure I'll go for it again though, no reason not to.

Congrats on your two natural births! Sorry to hear you had a hard few months after your first.

Board hopping I have three boys first two were very planned and tried for took a while to conceive number three was a surprise after my coil fell out I was so scared the whole pregnancy but I shouldn't of been he is the absolute most happy and content baby he's amazing and a pure joy it's hard work sometimes but it is even with one X

Hi! I have a 2.5yr old and a 3.5 month old and just found out I'm pregnant again! Total surprise and I'm terrified :(

Thank you Clever. If your friends are real friends they will be happy for you and your choices. My best friend has no children but we still make time for each other. She puts up with my kids and I try and make adult time just for her. It's give and take so don't be scared.

Hi! I have a 2.5yr old and a 3.5 month old and just found out I'm pregnant again! Total surprise and I'm terrified :(

Congratulations! Scary but give yourself some time and you will get your head round it. I didn't even k ow this time last week and now it almost feels like it was planned. My mum told me Mother Nature has its ways. If you need to vent feel free.

Yesterday I had a strange day and didn't at all feel pregnant and got myself all worked up and then I felt angry. It's just a roller coaster of emotions for us and no one really understands

Oh no really sorry to hear that. It's all worth it in the end thought. I am a little worried about labour but trying not to think about it. Also having another two to look after with a newborn and recovering will be tough so I hope you have good support. We will be finding out the sex at the end of September and to be honest Im itching to know.

That's exciting! I don't know about you but I have always guessed wrong with my kids. I was very certain I was having my third boy :) Keep me updated!

I am extremely lucky that DH has been allowed the first three months off of work. Having him home with our two other little guys will make all the difference.

That's exciting! I don't know about you but I have always guessed wrong with my kids. I was very certain I was having my third boy :) Keep me updated!

I am extremely lucky that DH has been allowed the first three months off of work. Having him home with our two other little guys will make all the difference.

Oh you are going to have a lovely time bonding 😊 Hopefully my husband will be able to be around when this little one arrives too. I felt I was having boys before but do t really know yet this time although just assuming it will be another boy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->