BFP with blocked tube after 2 years trying - now I'm scared out of my mind!

Elodie

Reaction score
Hello
I just had a BFP 2 days ago after fertility testing last month showed that I had one blocked fallopian tube. We were looking at going down the IVF road but were going to give it a try for a few more months before that. We've been TTC for over 2 years with no success.
Well, after the HyCoSy test (traumatic) we DTD only on the day I had peak fertility on the ovulation sticks and hey presto. I got a massive shock. Everyone had been praying for us and I believe it's a miracle.
I had a tiny bit of brownish discharge this morning so am now freaking out a bit as it resembles how my normal period would start. Test is still positive. I know this can be quite normal (I'm only just over 2 weeks) and that everything could be okay but I'm SO scared as this baby has taken so long!
I'm trying to relax - I took the day off work as I was so worried.
Any advice appreciated!
Elodie

Best advice is to stay away from google, and relax.

Lots of people get bleeding early on (I had spotting with my first baby and it was due to hormonal changes that can cause the cervix to bleed more easily.) it stressed me out though, so I understand.
Others can get implantation bleeding-It can take a few days to work its way down, which could explain why you got brown blood as it's old blood.

It's more bright red heavy bleeding that's a concern.

Congrats honey! :)

Massive congrats to you! X I too had a HSG test done after 2 years if ttc, no luck after that but 1 month later had surgery to try and unblock them, they partially unblocked one but said I would need further surgery as ur hadn't gone as good as they had hoped, I was gutted however we persevered and gave ourselves time and get presto 3 months later I got my bfp!!!! My little miracle is now 7 months old and apart from a little bleeding at the beginning and terrible sickness I had a lovely pregnancy... Apart from him being a whopper 10lb 1oz!!!! Good luck and don't worry x x enjoy ur precious miracle x x

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :flower:

Thanks everyone - I'm happy to report that I had a scan a couple of weeks ago that showed a lovely gestational sac and yolk sac. I'm now nearly 7 weeks so still early days but we are really thrilled.
Thanks for the support and kind messages.
x

oh so so relieved to read such wonderful update!!! wishing you smooth and happy continuation of your pregnancy with your long-awaited bean!!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->