BFP without stopping caffeine?

chocolatechip

Reaction score
Ugh I'm feeling all paranoid because yesterday I had a cup of coffee without thinking and even though I have completely cut down on caffeine this month, yesterday was ovulation day. Do you think I've really hurt my chances?

Has anybody gotten a BFP and not really cut down on their caffeine intake?

Yes two and both turned into babies!! I cut back on caffeine after getting my bfp both times but drank loads of coffee and Diet Coke before- I conceived quickly both times. I didn't even know you were supposed to cut back on caffeine when TTC. I really don't think one cup of coffee will hurt.

I never cut back and I worked midshift from 1pm-1am so I was drinking lots and lots of coffee....with dd got bfp after 2 months of trying so it didn't seem to effect it.

I never cut back until this attempt at trying to conceive and I never had any issues.

I cut back this time because I was drinking 4 cups a day + sometimes pop on top of it. Everything I've read in previous pregnancies says that 200mg or less is fine (which depending on what type of coffee you drink is 2-3 cups)

I've been taking my coffee half decalf half regular since I started trying to conceive this time because I dont want to give up that extra cup of coffee!

I drink a fair amount of coffee now (only thing that combats the mombie, lol) but when I fell pregnant with my son, I drank waaaay more. They say in pregnancy it's ok to have around 2 cups per day. Honestly I don't think drinking coffee does much unless it's ridiculous amounts. One cup isn't going to do anything love xxx

I drank excessive amounts of caffeine and fell pregnant with my LO I doubt it'll make any difference at all x

i had a 2 coffee limit when ttc with my son only because i was told you shouldnt drink a lot as it can dry up your cm when pg. some people dont cut down at all even whilst being pg and have health pregnancies so dont worry too much. its more of a problem for those with pcos as it 2 cups can seriously effect insulin levels which then has a serious impact on being able to maintain a pregnancy. ( i have pcos and was told this by doc but as i say 2 cups and i got pregnant ive only cut down to one this time round as its over a yr ttc)

I continued drinking one cup a day while TTC. When pregnant, I cut down to 6 oz a day, which is well under the limit. As you know, I miscarried, but it definitely didn't affect conception and odds are the miscarriage was just bad luck and not a result of anything I did. I'm now completely on decaf, but that's just bc I'm paranoid. Plenty of women conceive and have perfectly healthy babies while still drinking coffee.

I've read studies on alcohol even in moderation reducing pregnancy rates, but not caffeine.

I never stopped drinking coffee while ttc or being pregnant. Lol I did get heartburn in 3rd tri though...so took a break from it then.

Conceived both kids while drinking tons of caffeine, no problems. Drank reasonable amounts (a cup of coffee is perfectly reasonable) throughout both pregnancies.

I'm not stopping my morning coffee.

Just drink caffeinated drinks/eat chocolate in moderation and you'll be fine. You can get up to 200-300mg a day before it would even have an effect, and even then it's reputedly mild. On the other hand, if you get TONS then you wouldn't want to cut back really fast either way, as withdrawal can suck. Who can BD with headaches and exhaustion anyways?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->