BH or the start?

samsam23

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I'm 39+3 so not the far away, but last night I woke up with menstrual like cramps and tightenings every 5-7 minutes. They were slightly painful but nothing to severe. It went on for about an hour or so and then died down and I was able to fall back asleep. Well this morning I've been having cramps again and the tightenings but nothing consistent. Definitely more than 6 an hour tho.
Not quite sure what to do because my thoughts on contractions are they will be beyond painful. I'm also having some pressure in my butt. Sorry if tmi.

And suggestion on what this is?

It could very well be the start of labour Hun, contractions do start off as not painful, more very uncomfortable, they get more and more painful as labour progresses, and just so you know Hun contractions aren't always consistent, with my third baby my contractions were all over the place, one at 8 minutes one at 3 minutes then one at 6mins etc, I thought I must not be in labour because with my 1st and 2nd babies they were really consistent, I went in the hospital to get checked with my 3rd because I was worried I wasn't in real labour and I was in so much pain with the contractions but being as they were all over the place I was sure I wouldn't have her for ages, get into hospital and within an hour she was born!

Good luck Hun I hope it is the start of labour for you! X

I start leaning towards that way and then they seems to just fizzle out. And I'm afraid of going into the hospital just to waste they're time along with some slight embarrassment. I also have no signs of plug or bloody show.

Hi ladies. I'm 39+3 so not the far away, but last night I woke up with menstrual like cramps and tightenings every 5-7 minutes. They were slightly painful but nothing to severe. It went on for about an hour or so and then died down and I was able to fall back asleep. Well this morning I've been having cramps again and the tightenings but nothing consistent. Definitely more than 6 an hour tho.
Not quite sure what to do because my thoughts on contractions are they will be beyond painful. I'm also having some pressure in my butt. Sorry if tmi.

And suggestion on what this is?

It could be the start or it could be Braxton hicks/prodromal labour. Personally with both of my labours before they started I had tons of Braxton hicks for weeks before and then got more regular and painful in the upcoming days of labour. It does start that way and gradually gets more painful.
When it starts properly you will know! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->