Bible Study - everyone welcome!

Stiina

Mama!
Reaction score
Would any Christians be interested in starting an online Bible study? I just got the idea when I was nursing my DS just now...

We attend a weekly Bible study where we read a chapter and discuss it. Right now we are in the book of Acts and we're on chapter 3. We just finished Matthew.

Anyone up for it? We could pick a book and "assign" a chapter to read every week, or two weeks or whatever.

If you want to, let's figure out what book we'd like to do. I'm up for anything!

Also, I have a "The Quest" NIV Bible. Might help if we know what versions everyone uses - so that if we're quoting something and the language is different, we still know what's going on ;)
Also I find it helpful to know if other people have the sidebar information - my Quest has blue bars on the side of every page with little notes about some of the passages. I love it!

Anyway, let me know if you're interested!

:flow:

sounds like a fab idea hunni,
I tend to use an NKJV or New Century version but am familiar with the NIV as well, my mums devotional group has just been working through colossians and our homegroup is working through Ephesians at the moment

A little late but I would love love love to connect with other ladies to discuss the Bible.

So is three ladies enough for a Bible Study?

"For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." Matthew 18:20

I'd say so! :)

Sure! 3 is a great number. It creates an intimate group. Where do we start?

Well, we should pick a book to read from! We are doing a "New Testament Challenge" at our church right now - there's a reading plan, and over 3 months you read the whole NT.

So I think I'd be interested in an Old Testament book - but I'm really open to suggestions!

And maybe we should introduce ourselves a bit - I'm Stiina, we live in Saskatchewan, Canada and we are farmers. We have cows and we grow things like wheat and lentils and beans. We go to an Alliance church, but we are really just Bible-believing Christians and denomination doesn't really mean much to us! :thumbup:

My husband is "K", and our 10-month old son is "Pip" (see real name in my signature ;)).

I'm excited to meet you ladies! And anyone else who wants to join up can at any time! :hugs:

I'm Christina, live in California (USA) and am a nurse. Married for 14yrs (next month) and have 3 children ages 9,6,and 4 with #4 currently growing and due 6/5/2011. Same as Stiina- Christians with no particular denomination preference.
Interesting reads lately have included the "Facts On...." series which compares other religions to Christianity and what other religions believe. It is so much easier to defend my own faith when I know what others believe or don't believe. Just finished one that VERY scary and mind boggling. I also enjoy reading Christian parenting books....you can never have too much encouragement!!!!
OT is ok as long as we stay away from the geneologies....I just can't handle pages and pages of who was who's father :0)

Oh Christina that book sounds really fabulous! I love learning about other religions and it would be great to have a comparison to Christianity!
I agree with staying away from Geneologies - my eyes kinda glaze over when I start reading them!

Can you please add a fourth to your little group? I really need it.

Absolutely!!! :hugs:

Any suggestions for a book you'd like to explore?

sorry i need to subscribe to this thread lol i keep loosing it,
any book is cool with me we just finished colosians at my mummys bible study on wed's

Ok, how about this: we all flip open to a book in the Old Testament and if there's any duplicates, we'll choose that one ;) And if not, we'll just take a poll of which one to do!

I'll be watching this thread - i'd really like to see it go somewhere! i'm in the middle of moving and my bible is at my old house, i have a NIV. i bought it back in june or july because i've never actually read the bible and really wanted to start, but i haven't gotten very far. in fact, i haven't read from it in quite some time. i feel so guilty about it sometimes.

Ashley - I've been there too! I read the Bible when I was in college and I'd go quite a while without reading and felt soooo bad...but it's hard when you have no motivation to do anything!
I think reading a book, and having a time limit like a week or something...and then having a discussion...is WAY more productive than just reading the Bible like a novel.
It's not meant to be read like a normal book!

without flipping though my bible I think Ruth or Esta would be a great book to study

And fitting, for our women's Bible study! Great suggestion! Any preferences, ladies?

can i join you guys???? i'd be keen to have some biblical interaction with others:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->