bibs..

Boothh

Jesse, Teddy and 4 angels
Reaction score
i know its a silly question but,
how many has everyone got or planning to get and what types, plastic backed or not etc?

i keep getting told different things and its confusing me lol xx

Not even been thought about yet lol but i will say i hate those plastic backed ones and the ones you tie, i prefer the ones that slip over their heads myself.

I am hoping this one is like the last 2 and not a sicky baby!

Clare x

plastic backed ones will melt in the dryer and from what i have hear dont absorb much. the terry towel types are better thats what i will probably go for!xx

so far ive bought ten plastic backed, ten slip over head, ten velcro fasten ones (all white) and about 6 nice ones for when we were out, OH has told me ive gone over the top but well they arnt exactly expensive and i dont reallyknow how many ill need a day etc, x

I personally don't like the plastic backed ones all that much, but Aiden drooled soooooooo much after hitting four months old that his drool would just soak through the non-plastic backed ones. They do melt in the drier a little bit, but they're still usable. I didn't like the ones that pulled over the baby's head either, cuz they got stuck sometimes :rofl:. But Aiden figured out how to get the velcro ones off, so now we're stuck with the plastic backed, pull over ones. :rofl:

plastic backed 1 are best as when bubs brings milk back up it dnt seep throw and go every where and as meany as u think can never have anof but id say dnt get tye 1

I've got 1 pack of 3 from asda. There not plastic backed and the velcro at the side so you dont have to mess on with tieing them or pulling them over their head.

I have bought little cute ones from next as they were on sale!! lol. I will however be stocking up on the plastic backed ones as it prevents there clothes getting ruined, i also hate the ones you need to tie, the best ones are pull over the head as once they get a bit older they can pull the velcro ones off! (i worked in nurseries for 5 year) hehe! xx

I dont like the plastic backed ones either, and as said above, they are rubbish at absorbing, so the sick jus rolls off them :sick:
Id say get as many as you can (from experience) you can never have too many!
Also stay away from tie ones!!

I have bought little cute ones from next as they were on sale!! lol. I will however be stocking up on the plastic backed ones as it prevents there clothes getting ruined, i also hate the ones you need to tie, the best ones are pull over the head as once they get a bit older they can pull the velcro ones off! (i worked in nurseries for 5 year) hehe! xx

I never thought of that. I'll invest in some pull over the head ones.

I read one "what you need list" and it said things like vests x6, sleepsuits x6.

Next to bibs it just said LOTS!!!!

I have one pack of 3 from tesco - funky orange colours on sale for £1.50.
2 small white jasper conran ones - a gift!
4 dinosaur ones from primark £3 - i think
1 very funky giraffe shaped one for a slightly older baby (the giraffe neck fastens round baby's neck) - it was about £4.50 but I LOVE IT!!!!

Actually think I am getting an addiction to bibs!!

I want velcro ones too as pull on ones pull head off baby when putting them on and off, prob have a mix of plastic backed and towel ones, don't want tie ones as they are a nightmare and I think they tend to be smaller than the other types. Though I'm sure someone will prob buy them as a present for baby, you def haven't gone over top, you will need loads and loads esp if you forget to put a load of washing on, you don't wanna run out of bibs. MY mum bought some for me and one of them has blue trim and I said what if it's girl?? they all think I'm mad but I said if it's a girl I want nice cute girly bibs, I'll still use he blue one though. lol

i have about 30, some are plastic backed (but cant go in tumble dryer as melt), some pop over head, some are velcro/tie and just toweling material, some are cotton. they were a job lot off ebay really cheap.

I have a 4 month old and we have about 40 bibs and we use them ALL !!

I have found the terry ones better as they absorb more but as you start weaning the plastic ones are better stops it soaking through to their clothes !

also pop overs i really love !

When Caeden was born i must had had at least 60 bibs, i was obbssessed with buying them through my pregnancy! lol But then i breast fed for first 6 months so hardly used them.. when he started weaning was when he had them most until he got to about 10 months and hed pull them off.. every kind he figured out how to remove them, so most of the time i never bothered with one. Now hes 18 months and i just forget to put them on him. I have maybe a handful of bibs around the house for messy meals that stain but i do tend to give him his food then realise ive forgotten the bib :dohh: I keep a pack of disposable bibs in my change bag for when were out as i NEVER remember to put one in the bag.. im terrible :roll: LOL

I have a selection of all kinds - my husband bought some cute ones (including a tattoo fabric one I love) and we've been given a load by friends and family, so I don't think we'll need any more! We have pull on, velcro and all kinds...

I have bought 15 so far but plan on getting more, I don't think you can ever have too many! I have gone for the velcro ones and pull over ones as the tie ones are just a pain in the rear end!

I don't have that many. I never thought i'd need as many as some of you girls have lol. I plan to use muslin squares when BFing, will I still need as many?

Good question and not daft at all, glad you asked, the answers have helped me - thanks girls!

PS. I hadn't even considered bibs, hence it has been a huge help!!!

xxx.

I work with babies and would recommend ones with velcro fastening but without plastic backing for when they are small.

As they get older if they wise up to the velcro then getting some with ties might be a good idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->