bicornuate uterus amongst other things - Advice Please

mojobear

Baby Girl
Reaction score
Hi, wondering if anyone here can offer me some advice/experiences please?

Sorry for the long post in advance........

I am currently nearly 13 weeks pregnant with my second child.

My first pregnancy went pretty smoothly until the end when I found out that I had to have a cs as baby was breech. After the operation, during recovery the surgeon came to see me and explained that during the cs there had been some complications (Baby was perfect).

I was told that I had a Bicornuate uterus, the uterus was also rotated to the left, my bladder was attached to it and that I also had fibroids!!! It was explained that this could cause me problems with conceiving again, could affect future pregnancies and if all ok, I would definitely have to have a cs again no later than 38 weeks. As this was only about 1/2 hour after my op I was pretty hazy and neither me or my husband asked any questions.

Well, I haven't had any problems getting pregnant ;-) Unfortunately, I did google what problems I could experience during pregnancy, the biggest fear is not being able to carry to term. I have spoken to my midwife at my booking in appointment and showed her the letter from the surgeon confirming what was found and also explained that I was told that my next pregnancy would most likely be consultant led. However, although the midwife has referred my to the ob gen department, this has not been scheduled until I am 32 weeks as it was not specified as urgent or that I am high risk.

I know that I am rambling but what I want to know is, has anyone else gone through a pregnancy knowing about having these conditions and were you monitored throughout or just left. Any experiences or advice will be appreciated please............ Thanks Vx

Hi there :)

I have a bicornuate utrerus and im on 2nd preganncy and its going really well :) baby is in the right horn like my previous son was.. im diabetic aswell and ive been scanned
8weeks, 12 weeks, 20 weeks, 28 weeks and ive another at 32 weeks, 36... i think i may have more because of the the diabetes.. but yr consultant will arrange this with you ..

Im having c-section also .. hope it all goes well ( i was worried with all the google horror stories.. but things have been fine) xxx

I also have a uterine abnormality, a unicornate uterus. You need to be seen in the preterm birth clinic as for both abnormalities you are at high risk for preterm although it's good you made it full term with your last one. The midwives have no idea how to deal with uterine abnormalites. If I were you I would insist on being seen at the preterm birth clinic. I certainly wish I was more forceful. Although I told the midwife I had a unicornate uterus I was not seen until 24 weeks at which point my cervix was funneling and it was too late for a stitch. When I did finally get to the preterm clinic they said I should have been there all along as anyone with an abnormality needs to be seen regularly to be scanned to ensure you are experiencing changes to your cervix. Good luck!

Thank you both very much for your replies, I will be seeing the midwife again in 3 weeks and will be asking her to reschedule my appointment with the ob gen clinic as I really don't feel comfortable waiting until I am 32 weeks to see someone for the first time and surely that should count for something? Good Luck with your pregnancies let's hope that we all sail through ;-) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->