Bicornuate Uterus & diabetic type 2

tink30

Reaction score
Hello lovely ladies,

I was just up day dreaming of having a BFP soon.. love reading thru everyone's messages.
I have a 4 year old son and would love to now have another. I've been properly trying to concieve this month and im late but 3 tests later all negative..
I dont know what's wrong with me, I've been reading up on my bicornuate uterus and well its really scared me :cry: .. it was showing all the complications etc.. and well when I had my son I hadnt even read any of this and now am worried it could affect me.. plus now i have diabetes type 2... feelin a little emotional. Would be great to chat to anyone who has the same heart shape womb ... etc... my son was in the right horn.. I'm wondering if the next pregnancy will be ok ..last time I had a c-section and they said they could see the evident horn.. but did not tell me any bad news.

Wishing you all so much luck with the baby trying :kiss:

xxxx

Hey sweetie :hi:
Try not to worry yourself, it wont do you any good :hugs: I know its good to be aware of the risks but sometimes reading too much can make you worry more. I cant offer any support on the diabetic side but i can on the heart shaped uterus .I was diagnosed with this at about 28wks pregnant with my first baby (who is now nearly 4), they did not pick it up at the 20wk scan but when i had a private 4D scan they said i was carrying alot of fluid so sent me back to the hospital to get checked and thats when they picked it up. I had to have a c-section with my son because he was in the transverse position (lying accross). At the time i knew nothing about it and was not told much so never really worried. Not sure if there is different types of bicorunate uters? You mentioned your son being in the right womb so not sure if maybe yours is a little more heart shaped than mine if you get what i mean?
Sending you lots of hugs and baby dust. Keep your chin up hun :hugs:

aww Thanks for your reply:):hugs: was lovely to read.. nice to know I'm not the only one and we both have healthy 4 year olds :)..
I remember gettin a BFP with him and i had a small bleed a few weeks later, so they scanned me.. had about 5 people scan me saying nothing at the time, then the top man came and had a look.. I was majorly worried and he found my bubba.. I was told my womb was kind of split into two (heart shaped) bicornuate and he had settled nicely into the right 'horn' as they call it... he went full term..:)
So I shall not read anymore up on the matter and just pray for my next :) Im literally sitting in work day dreaming for another... I cant wait to get morning sickness because I know I will be preggars lol.. sad eh... :)
How are you getting on? have u been trying long? xxx:hugs:
:dust:

Your welcome hun :kiss:
I cant wait to be pregnant again either, soooo want to see those magic two lines! My son went to 38wks but i was already staying in hospital due to pre-eclampsia so when my waters went two weeks early i was in the right place :winkwink: My last pregnancy seems so long ago i cant really remeber what it was like, weird i know. Been trying since July last year so not too long but does feel like forever! Af been non existant since aug last year, docs diagnosed me with pcos and am now waiting to take clomid to help me ovulate. Prayign for a clomid baby :happydance: How long have you been trying?
xx

aww there is no better feeling in the world!:hugs: I dont know why I've waited so long to re-try but like you am so excited... how exciting, really hope you get ur news this year. I never really gave much thought loast time, I was brought up with 'its just takes the one time and your pregnant' drilled into me.. but its so not that easy. A few of my friends have been trying a year-2 years. One friend was trying for 5 and now has another gorgeous little boy. So our day will come :)))
Last november i tried and december.. but got it totally wrong because i had tired after ovulation.. after reading these boards it makes so much sense!
I'm pretty sure im late.. because i remember AF around the 27th December.. i'm a normal 28 day cycle normally. Its not arrived but 3 negative tests later.. i just need to wait... easier said than done! Think i need to limit the tests ..ekkkssss

My first day on here.. brilliant site :flower:

:dust:

Yeah, our times will come- sooner rather than later would be nice :haha: I joined around the time i started trying, i dont know what i would have done without it! These girls have been a god send, its great to know no matter what your problem or question someome will be able to help you.
Hmmm, strang how af is late? Might be still too early to test? One thing i have learnt from this site is the some people get bfp before af and others not for weeks after! Your still in the game till af shows!
Gl sweetie, hope you will keep me posted and let me know how u get on :hugs:
Want to be ttc buddies? xx

Hey all!

I found out last year i had a heart shaped uterus but they are not sure if its a Bicornuate uterus or a Septated uterus. They said they wouldn't look at this until i was pregnant.

I also have PCOS and i have really long cycles i just had AF after waiting 97 days.

I'm going to put on Clomid aswell and progesterone injections and baby aspirin.

Its so nice to know there are others on here cos i havent found that many people

becci xx

Hey Becci_Boo86, think we have spoken before?? Anyway, was just wondering did they say what the difference is between bicorunate uterus and septated uterus?
xx

a Bicornuate uterus is where its heart shaped on the outside and the inside and the septate uterus is where its only heart shaped in the inside and normal shape on the outside.

they said one was worse but i cant remember which one really.

it was such a shock even more annoying cos they wont do anything about it until pregnant.

xx

Oh right, thats interesting to know. Thanks :thumbup: will be asking a bit more about mine next time as dont really have a clue!
x

Yeah, our times will come- sooner rather than later would be nice :haha: I joined around the time i started trying, i dont know what i would have done without it! These girls have been a god send, its great to know no matter what your problem or question someome will be able to help you.
Hmmm, strang how af is late? Might be still too early to test? One thing i have learnt from this site is the some people get bfp before af and others not for weeks after! Your still in the game till af shows!
Gl sweetie, hope you will keep me posted and let me know how u get on :hugs:
Want to be ttc buddies? xx

Aww i'd love 2 :) will be wanting to see your progress :)... not sure how to add a friend?? yl have to point me in the right direction hehe.. being able to chat is a god send cus I have to keep my mouth shut in work which is real hard and my poor fella cant have it all lol...:hugs:

If you click on my name and click add to contacts you should get the option to tick a box and add me as a firend :thumbup: If you want to put me as your ttc buddy you need to go to your profile and edit your signature (the bit that shows at the bottom of your message) if that makes sense :winkwink:

Hey all!

I found out last year i had a heart shaped uterus but they are not sure if its a Bicornuate uterus or a Septated uterus. They said they wouldn't look at this until i was pregnant.

I also have PCOS and i have really long cycles i just had AF after waiting 97 days.

I'm going to put on Clomid aswell and progesterone injections and baby aspirin.

Its so nice to know there are others on here cos i havent found that many people

becci xx

Hi Becci :),

Thanks for the reply.. well the good news is they said they wont look until yr pregnant which makes me think they are very happy that you are going to fall :) I know mine gave me no complications, if anything they just scanned me every 2 weeks, but that was a bonus and gave me peace of mind.. cus you worry and that. I think really the stuff i've read would just be by people that have had problems.. and all the good ones would not need to so we should stay positive ... 2 test cases and 2 healthy kids.. :D

I've gone off the tv, much more fun havin a chat on here!

:dust: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"