Big appetite and still losing weight, anyone else?

DaisyMai

Reaction score
Hiya,

I was only slight before having my LO and was all bump when pregnant, since having our little man the weight has just fallen off and more so.
I'm feeding him EBM for health reasons and i realise you are supposed to eat more calories but i just want to eat all the time! Its not so much that im hungry, just have a huge appetite.I'm eating plenty but still losing the odd pound, id like to put a bit on really as im a bit boney.

Is/has anyone else had this problem?

x

i did. i was 100 before pregnancy and then when BF the baby I was losing weight fast, two weeks after birth I was down to my original weight and then kept losing despite eating well! I was down to 96 sometimes 95 pounds and was really worried. People thought I was nuts to complain about not being able to keep weight up but when you are that tiny it really is a concern. I started to eat protein bars and shakes during the day between meals and that did help some. When the baby was around 6 months I think my weight evened out so don't worry you should be fine in awhile, just try to get a lot of extra protein in your diet!

^^^ Very similar to you. My weight is normally 101 pre-pregnancy. But since bf'ing I dropped to 95 lbs, I'm 5'5. I bf my last until she was 2 yrs. and after weaning I didnt gain any of it back. Then I got pregnant and am now nursing my almost 3 month old and wonder if I will lose more this time and go under 95 since I started at a lower weight. But I'm not worried because I feel healthy, have energy, make too much milk, so it hasnt affected me. I'm eating good too and I dont want to stuff myself just to gain weight

Thanks for your replies ladies...

Good point about not worrying about weight because you know your eating well....i know i eat a good varied diet so maybe i shouldnt worry too much.

Did you also find your appetite was greater?

x

Actually my appetite isn't really that much different than normal. Nor am I too much thirstier, the only time I get really thirsty is right before let down

I would just make sureyou are taking your vitamins, and eating a balanced diet and then not worry anymore, unless you are starting to get physically sick and what not. Your body will start to even out weight wise after awhile, at least mine did! I was really worried for a while too but gained it all back :hugs:

Thanks minkie,

That reminds me i must go and take my vitamins :)

I'm constantly ravenous and eat pretty much everything. I have 2 lunches most days! And I'm a size 8, smaller than pre-preg....everyone asks where I put it all!

I'm lucky with my genes as well though, my mum is the same.

Sounds familiar cat_pj !

My size 10 jeans hang off me, ive not really got much hip so that doesnt help.
I'm wondering if when i stop expressing that i will put some back on.Im naturally slim anyway but i did used to sit at about 9st5, now down to 8st10.

Although even before pregnancy i used to find the more i eat the less i weigh, guess it keeps your metabolism stable.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"