BIG baby... Glucose blood test :(

NokiaPurple16

Reaction score
hey girlsss =]

im quite confused todayyy...
i had a midwife appoiontment and she measured my baby at 35cm at 31+1.. which is over the largeest average! yannoo compared to the chart the midwife fills in... and according to that my baby is the same as what a low average 40 week old babys growth is ... if that makes any sense?

anyway because of that and that ive got protein in my wee ive got to go have the glucose blood test.. im okay with thatt..

BUT...

im wondering for 31weeks is there a chance she may be earlyier than 40 weeks? anyone been early with a big baby who had glucose tests??

(also, ive been gettin alot of braxton hicks, ive dropped and her head is right down ready for 'labour'.. does this indicate if she gunna be early?)

sorry such a long post... i just cant help wondering :) x
:kiss:

hey girlsss =]

i had a midwife appoiontment and she measured my baby at 35cm at 31+1.. which is over the largeest average! yannoo compared to the chart the midwife fills in... and according to that my baby is the same as what a low average 40 week old babys growth is ... if that makes any sense?

anyway because of that and that ive got protein in my wee ive got to go have the glucose blood test.. im okay with thatt..

BUT...

im wondering for 31weeks is there a chance she may be earlyier than 40 weeks? anyone been early with a big baby who had glucose tests??

(also, ive been gettin alot of braxton hicks, ive dropped and her head is right down ready for 'labour'.. does this indicate if she gunna be early?)

Dunno if it's possible that the doctors messed up the dates or you have a fab oven :) but it sounds like she will be arriving soon!

Eek! Keep us updated!!!!

Mine was head down at 31 weeks but I've always measured small. Maybe you'll get to see your baby sooner than you think! :D

my dr told me 2 days b4 getting induced that i was havin a small baby 6lbs nd few oz, since it was my first but i was HUGE he told me it was cuz i had gained extra weight which to me made no sense cuz i watched what i ate nd only ate healthy, well when baby came he was over 8lbs!

personally i think that u mite be farther along than ur midwife thinks :S idk tho, but havin a big baby is nice afterwards u dnt feel like u can break them lol if that makes since! haha

fundal height can sometimes be unreliable hun. are they going to give you another scan? but even they can predict different sizes to the real weight. head down ready is a good sign that hings are progressing but doesnt mean they could come soon. hopefully you have a big healthy baby and they will induce you good luck xxx

i wouldnt worry to much about the fundal height as it can be very in accurate. I went for a scan 2 weeks ago and baby was measuring large my consultant was sure i had GD and i had the glucose test but it came back normal so it really dosent mean anything it could just be that the baby has had a growth spurt and it will even out over the next few weeks. My first baby wasnt very big and they expected this one to be on the smaller side so who knows they didnt mention anything about the baby coming early but i am being induced at 38 weeks anyway due to a problem with my son. I wouldnt worry babys tend to do whatever they want!!

hey girlsss =]

BUT...

Did you do the glucose test at 26-28weeks? here in australia its a routine test. People wo have the pregnancy diabetes sometimes have larger babies and will be induced at 38 weeks.
I personally dont know anyone who had their babies naturally early because they were bigger but i do if they think bubs will be really big you will be induced earlier, say at 38 weeks.

Maybe you have extra fluid? Ive been measuring 2 weeks small my whole pregnancy but ive previously had a small baby he was born at 41 weeks and only 6 pound but very healthy.
Maybe your just having a big baby.

My sons head was engaged by 30 weeks, he was still late. My daughters head has been snug in my pelvis for 2 weeks now and im only 26 weeks, doesnt mean you'll go early.

fundal height can be so inaccurate. i measured reallly small, went for a scan and was told baby was small and was born nearly 8pounds!!

thanks to all your replys... sorry i didnt write back earlier, my internets just simply gay..

im not going to worry lol... i just hope they induce me at like 26 weeks or something cos i cant even walk up the stair without thinking ive just run a marathon!!!

so really.. she could come whenever she wants now... ohh greattt! :(.. i just want her nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! :( lol

x

Well let me just tell you;
I was measuring big all the way through my pregnancy, i was measuring full term by the time i was 34 weeks so they sent me for a growth scan where they told me he was "within normal limits" but he was born weighing 10 lbs and because he was so large had shoulder dystocia which is common in big babies and had to be born via an emergency forceps delivery AFTER i'd been in labour 2 days. If they'd have spotted he was large before i'd have had a c-section no question about it. So fundal height isn't always incorrect and its definitely for the best you have this growth scan. If they say your baby's normal but the midwife carries on measuring you as large, ask for another. Its better getting that baby out safe than risking it with forceps when the time comes. Good luck sugar. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->