Big baby!!!!!

Hannah's Mom

Mommy of 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
Had my 28 week midwife appt yesterday, she did the usual testing my wee, taking my blood pressure listened to babies heartbeat, then she had a feel of the baby and measured my belly - she had a bit of a funny look on her face and measured again, then she said well the baby feels very large lol im just going to have a word with another doctor, she was gone ages then when she came back said right go and have your bloods done and then you need to book an appt for a glucose tollerance test???? and then said right before that lets go and get you scanned! we need to know just how big this baby is lol so went and got scanned and turns out im having a little fatty, does anyone know how big is too big? I mean according to yesterdays scan she is just over 3lb at the moment - they want to scan me every 3/4 weeks to keep an eye on her growth, has anyone else had this?

x x x x x

i'm not sure really hun, but i know that it is still quite early and growth can slow down and even out. Our little one measured large at our 28 week appointment but at my 34 week appt she was measuring a little small and i had to have a growth scan to check all is ok (which it was!) xxx

I have gestational diabetes and started having growth scans at 24 weeks.
At 24 weeks he weighed 1.7lb
At 26 weeks he weighed 2.4lb
At 28 weeks he weighed 3.2lb
By these weights hes too big and head and belly measures 2/3 weeks too big. So i guess im having a big baby.

I have another scan at 30,32 and 34 weeks to see how big he will be. I feel huge with this one and i think hes gonna be huge!! My first was measuring ahead and weighed 9lb1/2oz and my second was 8lb13oz, but with my second they thought she was going to be 10lb!! They dont always get it right!!

they've only given me a weight for the scan yeasterday and that was 3.2lb, my daughter was only 7lb12oz but like you said I feel so much bigger this time, have they said anything about what the concequences of the baby being big are? like will they induce you early or anything? dont know why but I'm scared to death of being induced. x x x x x

Ive been having growth scans throughout as he's always measured about 2-3 weeks ahead of himself. As i was comming upto 36 weeks he was 38 on the tape measure.
At 28 weeks his weight was roughly 2.15lbs
At 32 weeks his weight was roughly between 4.9lbs and 5.6lbs with a head circumference of 31cm
His weight are on the line just above the middle dark average line.
At my next scan MW wants to know if my dates are further ahead or if he's just big and they will decided if i deliver naturally or by c-section.

Due to gestational diabetes i have to have get delivered at 38 weeks, due to the fact ive had 2 c sections i have to with this one. I was induced with first but after a mistake made by a student and 21 hours later they decided to give me a section. With my second i was booked in for induction but when i went in for monitoring the day before they decided she was too big so i had to have a section that day.

oh my god i had no idea that there was a possibility of a c-section! really hoping now that she is just having a growth spurt, im pretty sure there is no way I could be any further ahead well no more than a couple of days, as I got pregnant the month after coming off the pill so had had a big bleed the previous month, hope they tell me more next scan, can't beleive they didn't mention any of this.

oh my god i had no idea that there was a possibility of a c-section! really hoping now that she is just having a growth spurt, im pretty sure there is no way I could be any further ahead well no more than a couple of days, as I got pregnant the month after coming off the pill so had had a big bleed the previous month, hope they tell me more next scan, can't beleive they didn't mention any of this.

i think alot of it depends on personal situations with both mother , i.e what will be safer and easier for both mother and baby, dont think its generalised for all , each persons body and pregnancy are different inflicting on how different each babies delivery is. If your a little concerned talk to your MW to find out a bit nore, but im sure like with me they just keep scanning to find out more.

i had a growth scan yesterday at 34+5 and bubs head was 31cm and she is 6lb 3!!! so i am on track for another 9lber .....lol i have also had 2 sections but my consultant is happy for me to try vbac-2 as long as i go into labour myself, tbh though babies have growth spurts and just because your lo measures big now does not mean to say they will be a big baby
xxxxx

i had a growth scan yesterday at 34+5 and bubs head was 31cm and she is 6lb 3!!! so i am on track for another 9lber .....lol i have also had 2 sections but my consultant is happy for me to try vbac-2 as long as i go into labour myself, tbh though babies have growth spurts and just because your lo measures big now does not mean to say they will be a big baby
xxxxx

Im sooo jealous i want vaginal labour reaslly dont want another section but my consultant wont even consider it, however much begging i have done!! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->