Big Bed.

Laura2919

Team Twilight!!
Reaction score
So the twins were 2 on Saturday and on Sunday they celebrated by chucking themselves out of their cots :haha:
Chloe has been doing it since the beginning of January and Jaycee only started yesterday, you can tell she is no good because there was a thud and when I went in she was curled up in a ball holding her leg crying.. :shrug:

So time has come, big girl beds were introduced yesterday and it wasnt as bad as I thought but can you tell me how long it took your LO's before they used to just 'go' to bed??

I put them down at 7pm and they were up and down for an hour, I had stripped their bedroom because they played with anything and everything. In the end they didnt have anything but their cots, wardrobe and chest of draws :haha: OH went home before they both fell asleep so I had to do it all on my own.
They have a gate on the door so they cant get out and I am happy with this. They went off at 8pm and woke at 2am. When I walked in Jaycee was asleep by the radiator (where the door is) and Chloe was sitting in the middle of the bedroom. It took an hour and a half to get her back to sleep and finally when I did try to go off myself she fell out and cried, I put her back and turned her night light off leaving the door ajar and she slept until 7am!

Any tips would be appreciated. :flower:

My youngest daughter as been in a big bed for a very long time now, she is just over two years old and well hate to tell you this but last night I had to take her back to bed 9 times before she settled

sorry that was no help, yeah my LO has been in his big bed for about a year now ! and he still gets up, just gotta keep getting them up and sticking them back. i do remember super nanny saying (on tv lol) that u should say to them the first time "its time for bed" then the second time saying "bed time" and then after that point blank ignoring them...

We moved Ella to her big bed a week after her 2nd birthday. She never tried to climb out etc, so no advice there sorry, but do hope they take to them soon!

Well tonight Jaycee was asleep within half hour and Chloe was 45 mins so not bad at all.. Lets see how the night time goes.

They slept all night but fell out twice each so I dont know whether getting those bed guards would be a good idea or if they will get used to it. They didnt cry it was only when I went to check on them that I see them on the floor twice. One at 10pm and one at 12am and then they stayed in the rest of the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->