Big bleed at 4+4

BabyGirl999

Harry's mummy!
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I just need to talk (write) to someone.

I had a positive test last Wednesday and I was so excited. I have 2 kids aged 3 and 5, and the timing was just so perfect. Even my due date was perfect, I was just so happy, as was my husband. But last night I had a bit of spotting and then heavy all night and this morning. Early pregnancy centre can't do anything, they say to just sit right and re-test at the weekend. I know there's nothing they can do really.

My husband is in America (I'm from UK) from yesterday morning til Friday morning and I can't stop crying, I am devastated. I wanted this baby so much. I hadn't told anyone else so have no one to talk to, although I can't even face talking about it anyway, I'm a bit of a mess.

Sorry for going on, just wanted to write this down. Thanks for reading!

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this. Have you taken another test?? It is possible that it could be a chemical pregnancy, I had one and it was heart breaking, even though I only knew I was pregnant for a few days, I had the next 9 months mapped out.

It is also possible that everything is ok as a lot of women bleed, sometimes heavily, during pregnancy. Did you have pain at all, or AF type cramps. I hope that your test is still positive and that this pregnancy works out well for you.

I haven't taken another test yet, I'm afraid to.

I know, like you I only knew for a short time, but I have the next few years mapped out!

I have had light cramps. I also had an early miscarriage back in June. The cramps aren't as bad as then, but I just have a bad feeling.

I am sorry to hear about your chemical pregnancy, good luck to you too!

Sorry to hear this Hun but you won't really know anything until you retest. Maybe it's not the end? And even if it is, look on the bright side u can start trying again right away, no DnC required no waiting 3 months etc. it may have just been a chemical. Doesn't discount the pain and sense of loss you feel by all means however it could have been worse. Mc is something we really can't control :( it's sad but it's natures way and sometimes we just need to trust in that. I had terrible mmc 3 years ago at 12 weeks!! Had to have surgery to Remove the remains And then hemorrhaged from an infection during the surgery and was in hospital for close to a week! That wAs a disaster. We had to wait 9 months before trying again bc my uterus was in bad shape. Sending u positive thoughts xx

My chemical pregnancy was back in 2011 when we were trying for #1. It was a tough lesson to learn about testing so early, but loss can occur at any time I guess.

I ended up having a sticky bean 2 months later and he is now 3 years old. We started TTC #2 in July this year and I got a BFP a few days ago, I'd be around 4 weeks now, but the chemical has scarred me and although I am over the moon and excited etc, I'm not allowing myself to beleive it too much just yet.

I too am in NI.

Oh and after all that mess I had another child and now am on my third xx

So sorry you are going through this. I had a chemical pregnancy and was in tears for days. It was so hard. Other people not knowing was one of the hardest things.

To be honest the bleeding doesnt sound good but as others have said bleeding is not always the end. Not knowing is really hard too.

Hugs

Thank you so much everyone for the replies. Your kindness really does help. There is no point doing a test now as I will still have pregnancy hormones, isn't that correct?

Thank you so much everyone for the replies. Your kindness really does help. There is no point doing a test now as I will still have pregnancy hormones, isn't that correct?

Yes Hun but u can see if it progresses or not. You may still be pregnant xx

I agree. After my bleed with my chemical, the test was completely negative. It might give you an idea and help you figure out what is going on.

My test became faint just a half day after the bleeding started and was negative a day later. Good luck!

With that early a loss you would usually test negative pretty quickly after. If it was me I would probably test, but then I take far too many tests. If it is negative or much fainter then I'd think it was lost. If it was still a good dark positive I'd be cautiously hopeful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->