Big Boobed Bf'ers!

It's gotten easier as LO has gotten older, but coming from a woman with 40I's (in US sizes), it CAN be done. You won't smother your baby - when I was in the hospital, all the young nurses were fussing about my LO's nose trying to get me to squeeze my breast out of the way, but one nurse (who used to be a midwife) told me that if the baby is neurologically "okay", then they will pull off, no matter how old they are, if they can't breathe. Even now, I sometimes wonder how in the world my LO is breathing because I can never see her nose, but she always is! =)

My LO tends to snuffle and pull off as well if he's got his nose blocked by a mountain of breast... if I'm awake I just push into the skin a little with the hand that's holding the breast he's feeding from, if I'm half asleep that's when he pulls off and gives me a look as if to say... why aren't you paying attention? :)

Got a midwifery support worker coming round this afternoon to help me solve some big breasted problems... I'd love to be able to do it one handed, he doesn't seem to lose the latch when I've tried by myself but it doesn't feel as efficient as it does otherwise. I think I may be a bit oversupplied as well... he seems to suffer with a lot of gas which I think could be down to gulping down a fast flow. He also seems a bit too efficient at feeding, he's on and off, one breast drained in 15 minutes and no interest in any more.

Why is it so hard to know if you're doing it right?!

My LO tends to snuffle and pull off as well if he's got his nose blocked by a mountain of breast... if I'm awake I just push into the skin a little with the hand that's holding the breast he's feeding from, if I'm half asleep that's when he pulls off and gives me a look as if to say... why aren't you paying attention? :)

Got a midwifery support worker coming round this afternoon to help me solve some big breasted problems... I'd love to be able to do it one handed, he doesn't seem to lose the latch when I've tried by myself but it doesn't feel as efficient as it does otherwise. I think I may be a bit oversupplied as well... he seems to suffer with a lot of gas which I think could be down to gulping down a fast flow. He also seems a bit too efficient at feeding, he's on and off, one breast drained in 15 minutes and no interest in any more.

Why is it so hard to know if you're doing it right?!

I used to have a really strong letdown and my LO would do this. She grew out of it. =)

Great thread! I am a 32J and have just over a month of bfing under my belt. The best thing fir me has been a boppy pillow and the cross cradle to latch on. Then I can go hands free. In the hospital everyone showed me the football hold for my 5lb 10oz 4'em37 weaker. After a while the football really strained my neck though. Then I discovered I could get a good latch by holding my boob in left, if latching in left breast and hold lis head in right hand. Once latched prop another pillow under the boppy under my boob to support so I can take away my hand. Works great! Rolled up burp cloths work too but I love my boppy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->