Big Date Friday night :)

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by WhosThatGirl, Sep 2, 2009.

1. WhosThatGirl

WhosThatGirl Mommy of 4 amazing kids!

So last week my husband surprised me with a fantastic date for this coming friday. He has $100.00 in a giftcard to a nice restaraunt in Seattle and then after we eat we are going to the historic Paramount Theatre to see the Broadway musical "Wicked".

I am a bit concerned how we will spend $100 at dinner with just the two of us. He does not drink and I CANT drink. And the place we are going is mid priced, not super super expensive. Hmm.. extra deserts to go maybe?? LOL

Anyways the people who suggested this place to us said we must try this appatizer. I guess the place we are eating is like famous for this dip. It sounds so yummy to me but I'm wondering if it would be ok? I know we are supposed to eat seafood in moderation and some soft cheeses are out, but surely parmesan is ok? Here is the description from the menu:

Hot red king crab and artichoke dip, Parmesan, onions, fresh king crab
    served with roma pizza crisps for dippers.

What's everyone think? I really want to try it but don't want to risk making baby sick! I'll be sure to avoid anything seafood for my main meal if I do eat this appetizer.

2. WhosThatGirl

WhosThatGirl Mommy of 4 amazing kids!

I did just find this when searching google, I guess King crab is one of the safest seafoods to eat when pregnant so I think I'll go ahead and enjoy the appatizer :)

http://pregnancy-safety.info/products/view/King+Crab

Seafood, like king crab, is very nutritious and full of great vitamins, minerals, omega-3's, and lean protein. Because the mercury levels are considered to be the lowest in this seafood, king crab may be enjoyed with two 6-oz servings a week. It is important to eat a well balanced diet that includes food from all the food groups.

3. 1st_timer

1st_timer Pregnant with number 1!

Parmesan is also totally fine as it's a hard cheese rather than a soft cheese. Cheeses to avoid are blue cheeses (eg stilton) and cheese like Brie and chevre goats cheese.

Normal goats cheese is fine as are all hard cheeses like cheddar, edam, etc

I hope you and your husband have a lovely date on Friday...that starter sounds yummy and has made me crave crab..

4. twinkletoes80

twinkletoes80 Pregnant with my first

Eat it!! I know I would!! Sounds fab, what a wonderful date I am jealous. Enjoy yourself xx

5. Pluto13

Pluto13 Well-Known Member

have a fantastic time!

6. OULINA

OULINA Well-Known Member

i am sooooooooo hungry right now and i still have 1 hour before i can get home after work........what are you doing to me??!!!! :dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh:

7. diane60f

diane60f Well-Known Member

OOH where are you going? seattle is my home town!!!

king crab is ok.. and so is dungenous crab.

8. EternalRose

EternalRose Well-Known Member

Sounds like a lovely date hun, ive never had crab before but makes me want to try it! Oh to live in America..:winkwink: xxx

9. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

That sounds wonderful and not only is parmesan a hard cheese, so safe, but pretty much all cheese in the US is pasteurized and therefore safe to eat - only really need to worry about a fancy import and I think even those may be regulated. Have a great time!

10. bexie1985

bexie1985 Well-Known Member

o my god that sounds so delicious!! i didnt realise we where alowed to eat that tho, i thought shell fish was a no go?? enjoy your date, lucky lady :) xxx

11. Arielle

Arielle TTC GRad! IM PREGGO!

what a nice date!! You made me soooo hungry! Im craving Red Lobster's spinach and crab dip its si good.