Big Date Friday night :)

WhosThatGirl

Mommy of 4 amazing kids!
Reaction score
So last week my husband surprised me with a fantastic date for this coming friday. He has $100.00 in a giftcard to a nice restaraunt in Seattle and then after we eat we are going to the historic Paramount Theatre to see the Broadway musical "Wicked".

I am a bit concerned how we will spend $100 at dinner with just the two of us. He does not drink and I CANT drink. And the place we are going is mid priced, not super super expensive. Hmm.. extra deserts to go maybe?? LOL

Anyways the people who suggested this place to us said we must try this appatizer. I guess the place we are eating is like famous for this dip. It sounds so yummy to me but I'm wondering if it would be ok? I know we are supposed to eat seafood in moderation and some soft cheeses are out, but surely parmesan is ok? Here is the description from the menu:

Hot red king crab and artichoke dip, Parmesan, onions, fresh king crab
served with roma pizza crisps for dippers.

What's everyone think? I really want to try it but don't want to risk making baby sick! I'll be sure to avoid anything seafood for my main meal if I do eat this appetizer.

I did just find this when searching google, I guess King crab is one of the safest seafoods to eat when pregnant so I think I'll go ahead and enjoy the appatizer :)

https://pregnancy-safety.info/products/view/King+Crab

Seafood, like king crab, is very nutritious and full of great vitamins, minerals, omega-3's, and lean protein. Because the mercury levels are considered to be the lowest in this seafood, king crab may be enjoyed with two 6-oz servings a week. It is important to eat a well balanced diet that includes food from all the food groups.

Parmesan is also totally fine as it's a hard cheese rather than a soft cheese. Cheeses to avoid are blue cheeses (eg stilton) and cheese like Brie and chevre goats cheese.

Normal goats cheese is fine as are all hard cheeses like cheddar, edam, etc

I hope you and your husband have a lovely date on Friday...that starter sounds yummy and has made me crave crab..

Eat it!! I know I would!! Sounds fab, what a wonderful date I am jealous. Enjoy yourself xx

i am sooooooooo hungry right now and i still have 1 hour before i can get home after work........what are you doing to me??!!!! :dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh:

OOH where are you going? seattle is my home town!!!

king crab is ok.. and so is dungenous crab.

Sounds like a lovely date hun, ive never had crab before but makes me want to try it! Oh to live in America..:winkwink: xxx

That sounds wonderful and not only is parmesan a hard cheese, so safe, but pretty much all cheese in the US is pasteurized and therefore safe to eat - only really need to worry about a fancy import and I think even those may be regulated. Have a great time!

o my god that sounds so delicious!! i didnt realise we where alowed to eat that tho, i thought shell fish was a no go?? enjoy your date, lucky lady :) xxx

what a nice date!! You made me soooo hungry! Im craving Red Lobster's spinach and crab dip its si good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->