Big day tomorrow. 20 week scan. Questions?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by ahcigar1, Jun 8, 2011.

1. ahcigar1

ahcigar1 Happy Mother of 1

So excited get to see my little girl again have my 20 week scan. I was wondering though. I have the couple questions to ask while I am there about some of the symptoms and issues I have been having recently, but what do you ladies generally ask at your appointment/scan?

2. tryn42mel

tryn42mel Well-Known Member

I have my scan tomorrow too!! I can't wait. It has been my experience though that asking questions about your symptoms at your scan won't get you very far. You should save them until you have your Dr's app't as most of the time the person doing your scan won't be able to give you any answers. At a scan I'd ask things like is it measuring good, does the heartbeat look good, things like that.

3. ahcigar1

At my doctors office your doctor does your scan. So my appointment and scan are together.

4. 20102001

20102001 Yellow IVF Rainbow Baby

I ALWAYS forget to ask anything lol

5. ahcigar1

Yeah at my first appointment at 8 weeks I had a list of questions. So did what everyone told me write them down, which I did. Got there and thought had left my list at home and of course couldn't remember many of them anymore. Left the doctors and realised the list was in my pocket the whole time. :dohh:

6. sueh81

sueh81 Mummy to 1 & 1 on the way

I asked what the sex was and the woman wouldn't tell us - she said it is their policy not to reveal the gender 'because of ethnic minorities' so we had to pay private to find out!!

7. 0stara

0stara Well-Known Member

Sorry, but what have ethinic minorities got to do with the gender of your baby? :shrug:

8. HollieQ

HollieQ Well-Known Member

OMG I heard this but thought it was a stupid rumour! I think it's because in some countries they want a girl/boy for some reason, to do with religion, can't remember why and there is a risk they will abort if it's the wrong one. Not in British culture though! OMG!! (sorry ot) That is SO unfair, I'd be kicking up a right fuss, or moving hospital!

9. Dolphinz4

Dolphinz4 Mommy to a Prince

I had my 20 weeks scan on Monday, and the one thing I really wanted to know was how much the baby weighed- for a 20 week baby its normally around 10-101/2 ounces, my baby is almost weighing 11 1/2!!! LoL That might be something interested you might want to ask :)