Big decision big changes

nycmommy

Mom of 2 Expecting #3
Reaction score
I suffered a miscarriage March 16 with my third and my DH and I were heartbroken and wanted to start again right away. Now after the pain settled and I'm thinking with clear mind we decided instead to buy a house and then after we settle to try for our third. We just got pre approved for a mortgage and are seeing our top selections Saturday. I'm so excited and feel like this might be the time I need to heal both physically and mentally. Get my cycles in order, get my life in order and just start a fresh . We are not telling anyone about this big news until we get the keys but I'm just so excited wanted to share with someone. And I can't wait to try for the third one once we settle in our new home.

So sorry about your miscarriage. The new house and giving yourself a bit of a break first sounds like a great idea.

Oh I am so sorry for your loss dear. But I love how you are being so positive. That sounds like a wonderful idea. Keep looking up buttercup :flower:

Thanks all. The first week was very difficult and I wanted to get pregnant again but after getting BFP three weeks after I realised my body might not be ready and needs to heal. We always wanted a big family and a home to raise them in and it just feels right. And then when we settle to try for a baby. I can't wait to try again but waiting is definitely a good thing for us I think. It was hard to decide to wait but once we did I felt lighter and less pressure in a way (my husband never pressured me it was more self inflicted pressure).

Sounds like a soild plan hun. I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug:

So sorry about your loss, but congratulations on making the big decision to buy a house! That is fantastic and sounds like it is exactly what you need right now

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is always such a hard thing to wrap your mind around. Your plan to move forward and give yourself time to heal sounds really good, and I hope the house hunt is quick and smooth! What are your top choices like?

We are looking for 3 or 4 bedroom houses with basement backyard and good schools. We got a viewing of 6 houses this weekend who knows.

I've been on the phone with Realtors this whole week.

Well that should be very exciting!! I love viewing homes. Even before we got on the market, we would go to open houses. It is fun thinking of how you would design the space and make it your own. Good luck on the hunt!!

Thanks. I find it overwhelming to be honest.

We looked at 14 houses and looked at the one we ended up getting 3 times before making a decision. It was really a lot of time and energy. But now that we are in our own home I just love it!! We definitely were looking for a house that would fit our needs in a few years. We didn't want to have to move again.

We looked at 14 houses and looked at the one we ended up getting 3 times before making a decision. It was really a lot of time and energy. But now that we are in our own home I just love it!! We definitely were looking for a house that would fit our needs in a few years. We didn't want to have to move again.

Wow I don't know if we can do that we live quite far from the area we want to live so we have to drop kids with my parents and the drive and look but who knows.

Oh yea, when we originally made the move down here it was rough. It was a two hour drive and I was pregnant. Thankfully we were just renting (we weren't planning to stay :haha: ) Hopefully you can find the perfect house for you without to many viewings.

We were particularly picky. We wanted a large house with at least 4 bedrooms and 2 baths with a decent yard. And we wanted it within a very specific school zone which can be rather spendy. All in all I think it only took us two months from the time we started looking until we closed on our house. So not to long really.

We are looking for all of that too. Fingers crossed

Sorry for your loss :(

The house move will definitely be an exciting new chapter for your family & it will keep you busy. Once you are settled you can start ttc again.

We've just moved house dd was just turning 2 .. the house needed a whole new everything & was quite stressful. I wish I had taken every day as it came & not stressed over things out of our control ... try to enjoy the move xx

So far nothing. We saw a house we love but the guy is not willing to budge and it's out of our price range so we keep looking plus not much of backyard do kind of defeats the purpose. Got to make new phone calls this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->