Big Food Shop

c1403

Reaction score
When? Where? How? Lol

I've got an asda order coming on 21st. That's mainly drinks and all the snacks/nibbles. Plus some food for 23rd as hopefully BIL is coming.

Then I'll need to go out on 23rd or 24th for fresh stuff meat (I've not pre ordered this year) and veg and anything asds didn't send.

Friday is my usual weekly shop and I'm going to get all the tinned bits. Gravy, sauces, tinned fruits etc.

We will do ours at Aldi. Maybe on the 23rd. Hope it's not TOO busy!

I wanted to order ours in advance but there was a minimum of £50 or something like that and since it will only be the 4 of us on Christmas day (we are going to SIL's on Christmas Eve) and Nick and I don't drink, we were no where close. So now I have to chance it on the 22nd or 23rd and just go to the shop and hope they have all I want.

I’ve got an Asda shop coming on the 18th which is mainly cupboard bits and stuff like drinks that I can’t be bothered to lug into a taxi.
Will go probably 23rd for fresh bits either Asda or aldi

I don't fancy the 23rd/24th with girls in tow. DH will be off work so I'll go alone I think.

I've got a delivery coming from Asda on the 23rd. I'm trying to get as much in advance as possible and then anything fresh in that. Dh will run out for anything else on Christmas eve

We are out for dinner on Xmas eve/Xmas/boxing day so we don't need any more fresh stuff than usual really. I'm getting a bigger shop than usual today to include some non perishable treats and will go first thing on 23rd to top up on what we need for over Xmas until our new year's eve buffet :)

I went to aldi today (was surprisingly quiet) and got our usual shop plus a few extra bits. Means I have Friday free now so planning to have a tidy up and maybe watch a Christmas film on my own before they finish school and madness starts ha ha.

Asda delivery booked for 22nd at 10pm-11pm, going to get as much as I can from there but due to the time I bet there won't be much left in meat and fresh products. Depending what doesn't turn up we'll have to shop instore somewhere else.

Last year I got super lucky - I had to cancel my delivery due to not being home for the original slot. They attempted delivery at a different time at the end of the delivery guys shift. After I packed it away, another delivery driver knocked on my door, with another order, told him I'd already received it, adamant it was for me he didn't allow me to refuse it due to being wasted upon return. Then I got an email saying they refunded me for my whole order! So I had double of everything for free.

Asda delivery booked for 22nd at 10pm-11pm, going to get as much as I can from there but due to the time I bet there won't be much left in meat and fresh products. Depending what doesn't turn up we'll have to shop instore somewhere else.

Last year I got super lucky - I had to cancel my delivery due to not being home for the original slot. They attempted delivery at a different time at the end of the delivery guys shift. After I packed it away, another delivery driver knocked on my door, with another order, told him I'd already received it, adamant it was for me he didn't allow me to refuse it due to being wasted upon return. Then I got an email saying they refunded me for my whole order! So I had double of everything for free.

Wow what a result!

Wow that was a nice present! Did you actually manage to eat it all?

We are not doing a big shop as we are going to the DHs family on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day this year .

We are going to get our usual shop and then all extra Christmas bits! . The children will get their favourite snacks/drinks too.

Im just happy I don’t have to cook Christmas dinner again !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->