Big girl bed was the solution!

17thy

<3
Reaction score
Just thought I'd take a moment to brag, and share because I had suspicions all along and I really think I was right. First off, the background, from 2 days to 4 months old she slept in a swing (6 weeks-4 months STTN 7pm-6am), which was her favorite place. We tried co-sleeping but she was having none of it. I finally forced myself to break down the swing and put her in her crib which had been set up before she was even born lol. Well from night 1 in the crib she didn't sleep good. In fact from 4 months to 9 months it was horrible, she woke up 5+ times a night and I always thought that maybe the crib had something to do with it. She just hated it so much. (I think I might have even complained about how much she was waking up on here at one point).

So her 1st birthday was coming up, and she was starting to take steps, and my dad mentioned that he had a day bed that we could have, he made it low to the ground exactly the height of a toddler bed, and we bought a twin size thin mattress for it, and a bed rail net to keep her from falling out of the bed (it covers about 75% of the length of the mattress so only the end has an open space to walk out of). EVERYONE looked at me like I was crazy when I said we were putting her in a big girl bed this early. But I was convinced that she'd sleep better if she was out of the crib, I just wanted her to be able to walk before I switched.

So a few days before her birthday, after she started walking, we took down her crib, and set up her bed, and my husband was whining the WHOLE time like "this better work"... well night 1, slept through the night. I thought...maybe a coincidence, but its been about 2 weeks now she slept through every single night until a couple nights ago because of her shots. :happydance: She's been amazing with the switch. She doesn't get up and mess with anything, and in the morning when she wakes up she either lays there and babbles until we come in, or she gets out of bed and knocks on her door (lol), or if we leave the door cracked like this morning, she came down the hall and into our room when she woke up. Seriously the most adorable thing ever haha.

I don't post too often but I just thought I'd share, because switching from the crib to the bed has been amazing, and everyone has been saying "I can't believe she's doing so well, I thought it was going to go terrible", even DH had to admit it was going great even though they all warned me to wait until she was at LEAST 2. :shrug: Why? lol.

:flower:

Yay! glad it's working out for you. I'm tempted to do the same thing after reading this haha.

i have thought about doing this with shiah,, kind of like daphne did with finn (she took the side off of the crib and put it against her bed so he was sleeping in his crib but still in bed with daphne.)
maybe we will have to try it!

See. We think Max might be similar. He refuses to sleep in his cot. Wakes up 5+ times and screams blue murder rattling the bars. But I don't want to take him out of his cot just yet

Totally the same here - quality of life improved HUGELY when we put issy in bed. And it's cute because she runs into our room for snuggles in the morning :D

Glad you found the solution to it all!
Im quite lucky with the fact Aliyah lovess her cot. I havn't dropped one side of it yet and gunna keep her in it for as long as poss lol (while shes happy)

awe thats great we made the switch to his toddler bed (we have a 3 in 1 crib) at 19 months old so many people were like "oh hes gonna get up all the time now" but he only has like 3 times in a month and a half.. normaly if he is there and wants something he will call out for me :haha: hes gotten out and climbed into bed with me once.
I leave his door open and he just walks over to my bedroom in the morning and wakes me up :)

Awh, thats brilliant.

I was talking to my OH the other night about how i should get Amari her own single bed and a bed rail, Shes still in bed with us, but i actually think she would sleep fine in her own bed....The few times iv tried her in her cot, shes woken up by turning round and wacking into the bars, where as she wouldnt have this with a bed.....Still happy to have that bed pushed up against ours (like her cot is) so she can see us, but it will give s our bed back :lol:

thanks for reminding me about maybe doing it!

I'd seriously recommend it to anyone as long as they think they're baby is able to get in and out of bed safely and is having a really hard time sleeping in the crib. I was amazed at the difference.

That's really good! I've still not moved Noah cos I'm scared he'd just get up and mess around :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->