BIG Supplement Plan - Advice appreciated!

RandaPanda

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

So, since coming off BCP 5 cycles ago, my luteal phase ranges between 9-11 days, and my CM is slowly becoming non-existent for some reason. I want to start taking supplements. We've only been TTC for this cycle, but just got AF, and I need to feel like I'm doing something about increasing my chances of getting a BFP and having a healthy pregnancy...so I'm hoping to increase my luteal phase. I have come up with a tentative plan...but it might be overkill because I'm taking A LOT of different things.

I thought about taking the vitex for my whole cycle...I'm just super nervous about it messing up my overall cycle timing, but I've also heard so many positives about it! My cycles range between 25-30 days with O between day 14-19, so I'm not too worried about the length of my cycle, but mainly my luteal phase (and also the amount of CM I get), so this is my initial plan (it's intense). Any thoughts?

Whole Cycle –
Prenatals, baby Aspirin, Vitamin C and B Complex

CD1 to O –
Vitex and RRL tea

Around O –
OPKs for SMEP purposes, Conceive Plus, Mucinex

Luteal Phase –
Progesterone Cream

I temp and chart my CM too.

I was so down last night, but I have new resolve today to make this work! I would LOVE it if you ladies with experience in short luteal phases and using supplements had any input. Thank you!! :hugs:

I would also add CoQ10 (100-200mg)
and take a B complex (B50 or B100) instead of only B6
and could add EPO (evening primrose oil) to help with CM
You could keep taking Vitex in your LF, maybe at half the dose if you are nervous?

Hi,
Thanks! I had all of those on my list of potentials to take as well, but my CM isn't such a problem that i feel I need the epo on top of the other 2 cm related items...just yet anyway :)

Can you tell me a bit about coQ10? What is the purpose of it for TTC? (I'll google it too, but if you have firsthand knowledge, I'd love to know more!)

Hi there. I have been ttc for quite a while now although I have known fertility problems. I haven't done a lot of supplements but I have had great luck regulating my cycle with acupuncture. I can't say enough about how much it has helped me. I know it's a little out of the box for some people but I would suggest giving it a try. Your acupuncturist will use different points on your body according to which part of your cycle you are in and this will encourage a longer LP and I bet would also increase your CM. Good luck :flower:

I would take the vitex and Rrl all cycle. Meier are harmful in the luteal phase. I know the rumour is that they can cause uterine contractions, but they can't. Not unless you take well over the suggested dose. Also. I would say take a b complex instead of just b6 :)

Best of luck

Thanks!
I did end up ordering a B Complex instead. But since I'm doing progesterone cream from after O until the end of my cycle, I wasn't sure about the vitex during that time as well...most sources for fertility advice said not to do the 2 together....ugh, so confused!!!

I dunno Hun. Maybe ask at a health food store? Sometimes they have qualified staff who can help :)

Aw, i so wish i could, but i'm in a fairly undeveloped part of china...there are no health food stores, and no one speaks english :( even the healthcare where we are isnt of a very high quality...the doctors are scarily uninformed where we are! If i dont get a bfp in the next few months though, i'll sort it out when i'm back home in july!

Ah I see. Dunno then. Fingers crossed you'll have a bfp by then x

From what I have read, the CoQ10 helps to produce a stronger egg follicle and therefore stronger corpus luteum after ovulation, which in theory would produce a healthier egg and more progesterone during luteal phase...

My naturaopath told me to take vitex or the progesterone, not both, and recommended progesterone to lengthen my LP. I also am trying wheat grass and royal jelly. Google both of them - I think they are good things to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->