big un's

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by bathbabe, Jan 29, 2011.

1. bathbabe

bathbabe Mum to 3 boys

Sorry for the title lol
    Just a quick question
    Is it possible to bf with big boobs? Im an 36F! I was 'only' an E before i had Harrison - who i didnt bf.
    We are hopefully going to ttc this year at some point and because we discovered with Harrison that my partner was able to do more than we expected (he has a disability) we decided that i should try bf the next baby. But is it possible? Will my boobs get even bigger?! I have a bad back as it is.
    Any help/advice welcome x

2. vaileasmama

vaileasmama Well-Known Member

well, mine did get bigger at the beginning.., they are still slightoly bigger but in my case they settled down after about 2 months.
    but maybe give it a try? if you're in too much pain you can always give it away.
    think positive!
    good luck with ttc x

3. summer rain

summer rain Mum of 5

Most of my size increase (went from a 36d to 38/40f, and up to an h in some brands) occurred during my first and second pregnancy, BF made little difference in the wider scheme of things. When your milk comes in you do get more fullness but this is temporary and can be staved off by feeding regularly and getting a good latch so baby is emptying the breast well. A supportive breastfeeding bra can make a huge difference as well xx

4. minties

minties Complete

I have F-cup breasts too and they are big and floppy, with soft nipples, and I breastfeed like a pro.

It was a bit tricky at the start, but that was more a lack of confidence in my body thing.

5. Fraggles

Fraggles Well-Known Member

I have a 38E and feed fine, it's more the size of nipples than size of boobs. I have tried a variety of holds and cushions and think it's down to personal choice on finding a comfortable combination of positioning to get you both feeding. With big boobs you do kind of need to hold them a bit while baby is small but as they grow I found feeding got easier.

6. bathbabe

bathbabe Mum to 3 boys

So your all sure i wont smother my baby? Lol. When Harrison was born my boobs were bifger than gis head!

7. discoclare

discoclare Well-Known Member

I am 38F. There are loads of ladies on here with big boobs! Some might even say F isn't particularly large!

8. Leesie

Leesie Mummy of 1

yep totally possible. I'm a 36G and no problems related to breast-size. My boobs were ginormous compared to LO's head when he was just born. But we got on ok.

9. BunnyFace

BunnyFace Mummy

Im a 30G :haha: And LO was 5lbs 13oz at birth so my boobs were bigger than her :haha:
    You get used to them! Just make sure you have a nice fitting supportive bra :)
    Ive had no problems relating to the size of my boobs, i even get compliments :rofl:

10. newmommy23

newmommy23 Mommy to Mollymaia

yeah it'll be fine, you might have to hold back the top part of your boob while bubs eats, I have to for Molly because she likes to really smash her face into there lol

11. Lily 23.10.10

Lily 23.10.10 Member

I am a 34H and have no problems breastfeeding. Definately get a good fitting bra as I was wearing the wrong size until recently and never realised that was the reason I was was sometimes in pain.

12. bathbabe

bathbabe Mum to 3 boys

Thanks ladies i just assumed it would be harder with big boobies! :holly:

13. lozzy21

lozzy21 Mummy to Niamh

Im a 38g and my boobs are still bigger than her head lol