Bin collections

MrsBandEgglet

Mummy to 3, expecting #4
Reaction score
Does anybody know when bin collections recommence? Specifically in Yorkshire. My bin is overflowing and normal collection day is a thursday, but as last thurs was xmas eve they didn't come. It's unlikely they'll come next week with it being new years eve, so my bin won't be emptied for weeks :hissy:
Anybody know if it's likely they'll come a different day or just leave it to the scheduled day? They can't surely leave it so long, can they? :growlmad: xx

its different for everyone depending on where you live hun

ours were emptied today (usually done on fridays so theres no way they will leave you for weeks without emptying them) x

Our was meant to be emptied this past monday but they did it Saturday instead. You probably missed it hun - the do arrange dates to do it either before or just after they normally would.

Are you in Sheffield? If you are the council's website says about the changes. Mine's supposed to be on Fridays but they're doing it Monday this week instead. They also say that closed lid policy will still apply but they will take any tied black backs placed next to your bin on collection day.

Look on your local council website x

Are you in Sheffield? If you are the council's website says about the changes. Mine's supposed to be on Fridays but they're doing it Monday this week instead. They also say that closed lid policy will still apply but they will take any tied black backs placed next to your bin on collection day.

I'm in Sheffield yeah, thanks ever so much. Will have a look. Thank yoooo ladies :flower: xx

They came and did our bins last Thursday morning and i'm in Sheffield :shrug: They said they'd be coming this Thursday too!

Don't even get me started! We had a thing put through the door AND I've been on the councils website. Our bins get done on Thursday and our recycling is done fortnightly on a Thursday. Both were supposed to be collected on Xmas eve despite the holidays but neither were. It's now Sunday and we don't get bins down here, just put binbags out so the whole street is just piles of binbags. The website says nothing about why the rubbish didn't get collected but I assume it's because of the snow and ice the week before so maybe other areas got missed so everyone got pushed back but the annoying thing is they updated the website on Xmas eve and made no mention of it! The recycling is skipping a fortnight and not coming til the 14th Jan now so we're ringing tomorrow cos the foxes are going to cause problems otherwise.

have to say our bin collections in south lincs have been great. They collected in the snow and rearranged collections around Chrimbo/new year. Back to saudi soon. They collect rubbish 6 days a week!

Mine are done on a Friday, The recycling was taken this morning and the normal refuse bins will be emptied this Sunday.

Mine is done but its bins one week then the following its recycle stuff then the following its back to bins etc etc ... Its done on thursdays & ours hasn't changed , It was still collected xmas eve & still being collected new years eve.

my mums are collected on fridays & her bins were due to be emptied 25th dec, but were emptied on the 19th so a week early .. but now she has to wait 3wks to get them emptied again! ridiculous!

Thanks ladies. I looked on the council website and it just said:

Refuse collections are operating across the City, but have been badly affected by snow and ice. We are now prioritising the collection of black bins.

If your black bin was not emptied on Monday 21st December and Tuesday 22nd December will you please place it on the kerbside and we will try to empty it as soon as possible.

The side roads are particularly difficult for large vehicles, and access is also affected by an increased number of parked cars. Most footpaths are icy, so please take care when moving your bin.

If your black bin is not emptied before or on Thursday 24th December, then please return your bin back to your property and on the next scheduled collection, we will take small amounts of bagged waste placed at the kerbside next to your black bin.

Blue bin collections will operate on Thursday 24th December.

I live in a cul-de-sac at the bottom of what is a relatively small road but wouldn't have thought it would be a problem. Have left my bin out anyway, but no sign of em today :shrug: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->