• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Biophysical Profile

LadyinWait

Pregnant (Expecting)
Reaction score
So I had my 38 week appointment today and my blood pressure was a little high (135/86). It was high for weeks then we moved and it went down for 10 weeks. I am not sure why its up again now. OB told me that he wants to do a biophysical profile early next week because of my blood pressure. I am not sure why it has stressed me out, but him telling me this has stressed me out! I think in the back of my mind, I am thinking that he isn't telling me everything and so I have gone into worry mode. I had an ultrasound today and he told me everything looked fine so :shrug:, just don't know.....

On another note, they do sweeps at my office so I could be getting one in two weeks, maybe... I am 38+3.

They do he biophysical profile to make sure baby is still growing and getting proper blood flow because high blood pressure can actually reduce blood flow to baby

It's a good thing they are keeping a close eye on you

They do he biophysical profile to make sure baby is still growing and getting proper blood flow because high blood pressure can actually reduce blood flow to baby

It's a good thing they are keeping a close eye on you

Thanks for replying! He didn't explain it to me.

I get non stress tests with biophysical profiles twice a week. It's no big deal. The NST makes sure the baby isn't showing any signs of distress during contractions or movements etc. They want to make sure that the heart rate is accelerating instead of decelerating and the biophysical profile looks for a few markers like is the baby practicing breathing, moving (extending limbs), overall muscle tone and amniotic fluid levels. They look for a bunch of things and it all needs to be seen within 30 minutes.

I have scored 10 out of 10 on all of them so far and its no big deal but I do advise you to eat before you go and bring a piece of candy in case you need a boost.

Normally Zoe is pretty kicky but I have had a couple of times where she was sleepy and they tried to wake her up using a buzzer and some warm apple juice. Neither worked and I had to stay strapped to the monitor for the NST for over an hour! Now I make sure to always bring candy and it works every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"