Birmingham christmas German market...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkip75

Reaction score
Anyone been before?

It's OH birthday on Sunday so his mum and sister are having the kids from 11am and we are getting the train to brum, (we are in Coventry so only up the road) we are going to get some little pressies. Is it expensive? Is the stuff any good? We are going to have something to eat and have a look about. I feel a bit guilty going without the kids because it looks like they'd love it. Might go again if it's any good.

I've heard it's really good. There are a few of us who meet up every now and then in Brum and we are arranging to go to the market - provisional date is the 30th November.

I've only ever been to the Lincoln Christmas market so will be nice to see something different x

Ive been a few times but ive never actually brought anything, i only go to look around :)

Ive heard it is expensive though! xx

I live North Birmingham and have been loads. It's expensive so generally we just mooch and DH has a giant pretzel. I've only ever been after sunset though, imagine it wouldn't be as atmospheric during the daytime.

I've been before - it is nice but ive never brought anything from there... and once the sun go's down its more of an adults place! alot of drinking everywhere xx

its expensive but the way i see it is its only here once a year. I love it. The sights and the smells. It gets packed tho so take care of where you put your wallets etc

i've been, it's great but i am abit biased as my family are german so i've grown up going to the markets over there so the birmingham one took me back lol. it is a bit expensive but like someone above said it's only once and the food is yummy. have fun!

Obviously not been to that one but going to my first german christmas market next weekend, silly it's my third christmas this year living in Germany and i'm only just going to one :haha: Will be going in the day though as can't get a sitter for Millicent but I don't mind, only going to have a nosey :) xx

Thanks girls! Looks like OH better get a bit of money out the bank then :haha:

I really want to get a nice Christmas ornament. Something a bit different and that we can keep forever.

Looking forward to a giant pretzel! Yum!

I wouldnt of described it as expensive spesh not the food anyway, which is lush!!

Lots of christmas decorations there! And wooden toys for kids

the xmas market is really overpriced... honestly the food they sell, one bit at a time, you can buy in LIDL for easily 95% less lol... the EXACT brands aswell :) how ever you get caught up in it all, and i am the first to admit i end up spending the money anyways :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back