Birth balls

Kitten596

Reaction score
Sorry to sound completely thick :wacko: but what do you do on them and how long for? I saw them on offer in Sainsbury's so I thought I would give it a go but then realised, I don't know what to do :haha:

It's for when you get closer to giving birth/go into labour, just bounce gently on it or rock backwards and forwards and helps baby get into a good position. I got one from Tesco last week, £3.33 reduced from £5 :)

They're also good for backache and pelvic pain earlier in pregnancy.

At the moment, I just sit on mine when I'm on my laptop and gently bounce or rock back and forth.

i got mine from tesco and i love going on it and it does ease my back ache and hope it gets babys head down as mw said with babys head bashing on cervix might start some thing of .. lol. oh so does kids love it too lol. x

Bounce, roll your hips, rock back and forth whatever floats your boat! I sit on mine to watch tv as well just cos its a bit more comfortable than the sofa but I also use it to lean over to stretch my back out. Mine isnt actually a birth ball, its a Davina workout ball lol. I've used it every day since I got it to help with pregnancy niggles and hopefully it will help me get back into shape after lol! Plus if its on offer....:)

I use mine now when I have back pain. Just sit and rock my hips around. Not sure if I'll use it at the hospital, but I plan on using it while still at home in early labor.

I rock on mine lean over it and bounce on it all to keep baby in best position for labour and help bring him further down :) xxx

Just what they all said, use it to stop you slouching on the sofa and do whatever feels comfy - rock, bounce, rotate. The other night when I had cramps I was on all 4s leaning on it. Well worth the £7 I paid for it. :thumbup:

Thanks girls! :thumbup: DH is blowing it up for me as we speak!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->