Birth centre?

hotpinkangel

Reaction score
Hi, this is my 3rd baby, I had my other 2 children at the hospital, but have decided to have this one at our local birth centre. Has anyone had any experiences of birth centres vs hospital births, or have any advice? Thanks x

My Birth Centre experience was MUCH better than hospital, in fact apart from them persuading me to have pethadine when birth was so close (He was born within half hour of having it so I probably could have managed without) I can actually say it was almost perfect. Everything I would have expected from a BC and really was as near as possible to being at home. I only delivered there, I did most of the labour at home but for the time I was there it was much more relaxed than hospital.

Home Birth for me this time but if for any reason I changed my mind I would be happy to do it in the BC again :thumbup:

I have no experience either way, but as somebody who is going to have a birth center birth I'll tell you that I've looked into both experiences, and toured both options, and the birth center is SO much more relaxed and homey.

Many women I've talked too who have done both would take the birth center over the hospital any day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->