Birth certificate - Father not available

indianorchi

Reaction score
I'm a bit rusty on the rules regarding birth certificates...
Can FOB be on the birth certificate if he's not available eg in hospital, prison or posted overseas?

In Britain I'm fairly certain that the FOB can be on the certificate without being present if you are married, but has to be present if you are not. There might be special rules though for service personnel. It might be worth giving your local registry office a call and see what they say x

i dont know if he can sign a declaration..

i know if the father can register the babies birth without the mother if they are not married providing he has the relevent declration from the mother..

i dont know if its a form you get from registery office and therefor something you could do in advance?>

xx

My hubby registered both our childrens births - as we are married (I was housebound through post section complications the first time and second time I had to wait for midwife!) and I didn't have to sign anything.

Don't know how it works if your not - ring your local registry office they are so VERY helpful (we had a query last time and they were great over the phone)

Thanks guys! I've got until September so should probably stop worrying!

Weird. In the US (as far as I know) the FOB doesn't have to be there or sign anything. You can just say, Joe Doe is the dad and BAM! Name is on the birth certificate.

You have to be married but am sure I herd a friend who doesn't speak to fob say that you can arrange to go in separate as long as you let them know beforehand although that was only what she said

well my 1st child when i had him,his father wasnt around and i got his birth certificate done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->