Birth Certificate

Lesbianmoms

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My wife and I are new here and we’re soon to be mommies in March. We’re from Louisiana. We’ve done quite a bit of research but still haven’t had any luck getting information or answers to the birth certificate question.

anyone have any experience in getting both names on their baby(s) birth certificate?

Hi and welcome to BabyandBump :)

I hope you get some answers soon :)

Yes. You are married, you are legally entitled to put both of your names on the birth certificate. We’ve done it twice now, in Texas. I do think the first time, we told the records office at the hospital before delivery date—I didn’t want any drama the day of. It was no big deal. Congratulations!!

Congratulations! I agree. You are legally recognized as a married couple and have a protected legal right to have both names on the birth certificate. I think PP's idea to talk to the hospital ahead of time (if only for peace of mind/easy going on the big day) is a fantastic idea. I'm not sure if they've updated their terms for parents, last I checked things were still gendered in that department. But last I checked was several years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->