Birth Control

aidensxmomma

4 on Earth, Many in Heaven
Reaction score
Hi ladies. I have no idea where to put this, so I figured here might be a good spot, since many of you are on birth control. If needed, this thread can be moved elsewhere.

Anyways, I'm pregnant with my second little one and she's due in August. I know for sure that my OH and I want a third baby, but not until at least three years from now. OH and I both have quite a few things we need to do before having a third child would be close to ideal, so that's why we're waiting so long.

I need to go on some form of birth control. I will never be able to do natural family planning because I will be so busy with the two LOs and I really don't have that great of memory to keep track of it all. I was on the pill (Ortho-Tricyclen Lo) within two months of having my son and one slip-up lead to me getting pregnant again. I really liked taking the pill and didn't have any bad side effects from it, but I'm not sure if I trust myself to take it like I should everyday. I've been really hesitant to try anything else because I have this huge fear of not being able to have children again after getting the implant or the shot or whatever.

What I'm basically asking for is advice on what kinds of birth control work best and what has worked well for everyone else. That, and maybe someone to help calm my irrational fears about becoming infertile because of the birth control.

Oh, and I better mention, OH is not too keen on condoms, nor am I, so that would probably be a last resort. :blush:

If your wainting bc for 3 years and are crap at taking the pill, try the implant in your arm. Iv had this and it was great. I had it took out and not replaced because i was wainting a lo sooner than 3 years. I had no bad side effects and was only mildly uncofortable when getting it and out. Its also great beause one you have had your check-up appointment a few weeks after getting it in you can forget about it till its time to take it out.

Implant or the injection? I take Trinovum, a triphasic which needs three missed pills to make you at risk of a pregnancy so probably a good one if you are forgetful! xxx

i have the implant- because forgetting pills made me pregnant last year! it is so nice not to worry about having to take anything, its just all done 4u! Regarding fertility after: the injection is (apparantly) the one that is more risky, as different ppl take different times to use up the hormone, whereas the implant is timed release- not all at once. So as soon as you get it taken out, it stops being able to release any hormones and ur fertility returns to normal (or so im told!) whereas with the injection, ud have to wait for ur body to use up the hormone that was put in u all in 1 go. Hope this makes sense!
x

Me and my DH don't like condoms either, and forgetting a pill is how I ended up getting with Kathryn so I don't trust myself to take the pill again either. I've heard good things about Minera, so I'm going to talk to my gyn about it, it's the front runner for me right now though.

I had the injection a few years ago, dep something or other, sorry cant remember the official name! which lasts for 3 months, it didnt have too many side effects, I gained about a stone in weight tho.

I took cerazette POP for nrly 2 years and came off it a few months ago, It made me put on a lot of weight again (seems to be a reacurring thing with contraceptives and me!)
So now ive come off it in prep for TTC in September, I have chance to lose the weight.

Best thing I can suggest is to go see your GP or Nurse and ask them which would be best suited to your needs and to your body :)
Good Luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"