Birth Control

aidensxmomma

4 on Earth, Many in Heaven
Reaction score
Hi ladies. I have no idea where to put this.

Anyways, I'm pregnant with my second little one and she's due in August. I know for sure that my OH and I want a third baby, but not until at least three years from now. OH and I both have quite a few things we need to do before having a third child would be close to ideal, so that's why we're waiting so long.

I need to go on some form of birth control. I will never be able to do natural family planning because I will be so busy with the two LOs and I really don't have that great of memory to keep track of it all. I was on the pill (Ortho-Tricyclen Lo) within two months of having my son and one slip-up lead to me getting pregnant again. I really liked taking the pill and didn't have any bad side effects from it, but I'm not sure if I trust myself to take it like I should everyday. I've been really hesitant to try anything else because I have this huge fear of not being able to have children again after getting the implant or the shot or whatever.

What I'm basically asking for is advice on what kinds of birth control work best and what has worked well for everyone else. That, and maybe someone to help calm my irrational fears about becoming infertile because of the birth control.

Oh, and I better mention, OH is not too keen on condoms, nor am I, so that would probably be a last resort.

*I also posted in WTT. I decided to post here too because many moms go on birth control after having LOs*

I have the Mirena IUD and LOVE it! It's safe for use when nursing, if you plan to do that, I have VERY light periods now that he has weaned, before that I had no periods..but that was because of the nursing so varies with each woman. My dr said that alot of woman don't have a period at all with the IUD though. And it lasts for 5yrs but you can get it out at anytime

i plan on using the implant as once its in you dont have to take pills or work out days etc so it's great for me especially with 2 little ones to look after. the implant is safe to use whilst breastfeeding and lasts for 2-3yrs before needing changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->