Birth control?

dizzy65

Momma of my 4 Boys!
Reaction score
So my son is a month old and i am breast feeding and i am going to be going in on thursday to get a perscription for birth control, the same one i had last time to regulate my periods, but last time i waited tell after i was done breastfeeding and i had my first period after i had my son, so my question is even thou i start the pill now (its not supposed to effect my milk supply) do you think it will regulate my periods? i really hope so.

Your not supposed to take the pill while bfing.

It's not safe... Ur only supposed to take the mini pill...

It is only effective as a form of contraception if taken within half an hour widow of the same time every day... And even then doesn't work 100% of the time

If u intend to bf longer u will need to consider this

I am ebf and I have a script for the mini pill and also plan on using codoms as well

Oh and to answer ur question your body isn't supposed to ovulate while ebfing... But if u start getting periods I would assume it would regulate it

The pill will definitely affect your supply if you're breast feeding. I'm on the mini pill although when taken at the same time it IS effective, the information pack I was given stated that is it just as effective as the pill if taken at the same time each day (I set an alarm on my phone).

The mini pill also stops periods so you won't have any.

I'm confused where you were told that the pill won't affect your supply? Is there any reason you want to regulate your periods if you're breast feeding? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->