Birth Control

FutureMrs

Reaction score
Wanted to pick your ladies brain about something since you all seem knowledgeable in all things women's health! I am leaving for Mexico on April 27th, my period is also due on this day, we are going for our wedding so I realllly don't want AF at that time. Do you think if started BC say this week and took it until we got home it would keep AF away? Do you think that time frame could also mess up things on the TTC front? Not sure if it is worth the risk. I had a chemical in January and we are really hoping to try again soon!

Normally you ought to start at the beginning of your cycle, but I think if you started right away it would keep your period away. As for timing, you'd shift your cycle around a bit, as in you'd have your withdrawal bleed once you stopped taking them and you could probably count that as CD1. If your AF is normal now, there's no reason to expect one month of BC would mess anything up.

Thank you Arturia! That is reassuring to hear. I think I will start it tomorrow AM. I kind of figured it would be fine but the idea of possibly screwing up my cycle is also terrifying.

Thank you Arturia! That is reassuring to hear. I think I will start it tomorrow AM. I kind of figured it would be fine but the idea of possibly screwing up my cycle is also terrifying.

I'd recommend confirming with a pharmacist that it'll stop your period if you start mid-cycle, but as far as I know, that's how it'll work.

I think it depends on the person! I tried to skip periods on bcp and always ended up spotting or break through bleeding.... My body sticks to a set schedule it would seem! I'm sure you'll be luckier though! Enjoy Mexico!

When I started taking the combined pill I bled for about a month solid - not sure it would necessarily stop your period although if you've taken it before and know the effect it has on your body then it might work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->