Birth control?

gezimmom

Reaction score
What birth control is everyone using while wtt? Are you already taking prenatals? I'm on the mini pill (Nora-be) due to issues I had with the combination pill. I am taking prenatals, since the chance of bc failure is higher with the mini pill.

Im on the evra patch and plan to stop using in july with hopes to conceive August/sept time I'll start pee natals about 3 months before hand x

I was on the mini pill but fell pregnant twice while taking it so I would continue taking the prenatals just in case. We stick to barrier methods now since we are eventually planning another baby and hormonal birth control messes up my cycles too much when I try to come off of it. If I was looking into long term WTT, like a year or more, I'd probably get the copper IUD.

I was on the mini pill but fell pregnant twice while taking it so I would continue taking the prenatals just in case. We stick to barrier methods now since we are eventually planning another baby and hormonal birth control messes up my cycles too much when I try to come off of it. If I was looking into long term WTT, like a year or more, I'd probably get the copper IUD.

Thank you for your response! If you don't mind me asking... Did you take the mini pill regularly and on time, and did you have any issues with the pregnancies?

I have the copper coil (iud) I've had it since my son was 4 months old. We plan on getting it removed end of march beginning of April to try for number 2 xx

I'm on the Skylar IUD. I'm not currently taking prenatal since I'm not sure when we'll be TTC.

Hi! We use a mixture of natural family planning (e.g. tracking cycles) and condoms. Works for us as I have a pretty regular cycle and if I was to get pregnant from maybe ovulating earlier randomly it wouldn't be the end of the world- as we are wanting a baby but trying to hold out a couple more months.

I'm on the mini pill but have not had af at all while taking it. I'm wondering if we need to do a natural method to get my cycle stared.

I was on the mini pill for a while and my cycles returned and regulated pretty quickly (maybe 2/3 months). I also never had AF while on the minipill.

But I wanted to come of it a good few months before we were TTC.... I don't think it is necessary but some people like to do it ahead of time in case their cycle takes a while to restart..

I can't take hormonal birth control so right now we use condoms/the pull-out. Once we're positive that we don't want anymore children or after we have a 4th child (whichever comes first) DH is going to get the snip.

I was on the mini pill for a while and my cycles returned and regulated pretty quickly (maybe 2/3 months). I also never had AF while on the minipill.

But I wanted to come of it a good few months before we were TTC.... I don't think it is necessary but some people like to do it ahead of time in case their cycle takes a while to restart..

That's good to hear! With our second I didn't have a cycle coming off the combination pill and had to take progesterone to get things started. I'm worried that will happen now, but my doctor didn't seem as concerned it would happen with this pill.

I can't take hormonal birth control so right now we use condoms/the pull-out. Once we're positive that we don't want anymore children or after we have a 4th child (whichever comes first) DH is going to get the snip.

I'll be having my third c-section next pregnancy, so I'm getting my tubes tied when that happens. I hate birth control pills!

I'll be having my third c-section next pregnancy, so I'm getting my tubes tied when that happens. I hate birth control pills!

I've never had a c-section but I understand wanting to get sterilization out of the way at the same time. Just be aware that tube tying isn't as effective as a vasectomy so there's a much higher chance of unplanned pregnancy.

I've never had a c-section but I understand wanting to get sterilization out of the way at the same time. Just be aware that tube tying isn't as effective as a vasectomy so there's a much higher chance of unplanned pregnancy.

It's more that as I get older I don't think my body can handle more c-sections. I'm sure it could (like an unplanned after tubal, for example), but recovery is hard and I feel like I'm very happy with the idea that my third c-section will be my last!

I was on Yasmin (which is the combination pill), which I just stopped last month as we are now officially TTC. I did take prenatals from about 3 months before. Last time I think it was 6 months before, but I just didn't get around to it that early this time.

I didn't have any trouble coming off the pill last time and got a BFP almost immediately, so hoping all goes well this time too. I don't actually mind the pill and I never had any side effects, or at least not from most of them, certainly not the one I've been on. But I've been on the pill almost constantly since I was 18, except for when I was pregnant the first time and for a bit after, so that's been like 18 years now (I'm 36). I don't want to be on it again, so I'm getting my tubes tied after this next baby as we're happy with 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->