Birth Control

Sarah88

Full time working mummy
Reaction score
I'm planning on going back on BC soon, or rather when I get my first period. Just wondering what everyones planning on using?
I was considering going on depo, but everyone seems to only have bad things to say about it. Does it apply to all depo injections? I'm not very reliable at taking the pill and hate condoms, so any other suggestions? I don't want something thats going to wreak havoc with my fertility as I hope to have another bub in a few years; so it needs to be something thats ok to take for a few years...

theres the coil, patch, implant, cap as well as the methods you mentioned :D let me know what ones you would like more info on ive used all of them apart from the coil and cap

Never heard of the cap... But which one did u prefer? And why?

My family have had troubles with the coil so I'm staying clear!

Cap - Meant to be messy :sick:

Whats the patch?

*OR* look it up before you look stoopid!

Haha

That would annoy me!

My family have had troubles with the coil so I'm staying clear!

My mum said that she bled none stop from having the coil put in to having it taken out!

I got it put in in the January after I had Caitlin and had it in for a year. I got it taken back out coz we were TTC but also because I couldn't handle the periods anymore.

They were really heavy and lasted for about 1 1/2 weeks. I used to use tampons in the day and towels on a night and I used to go through a box of towels and 1 1/2 boxes of SUPER tampons in 1 period, that's how bad they were!

But that may just have been me, everybody is different and it depends waht your body agrees with.

I had the implant when I was 16 but got it taken out because I put on over 1 stone within 3 months with it but other than that it was good.

I got on Depo right after having Colton.. HORRIBLE. I got it 3 weeks after, and NEVER stopped bleeding. Until I got off it when he was about 14-15 weeks!!
I've been on and off the pill since then because I'm horrible at remembering to take it.
I've got a consultation appointment to get the IUD called Mirena. It's a little "T" shaped BC that they insert into your uterus. Its good for 5 years, but you can have it removed any time you want if you decide to have children sooner. I'll be keeping mine for 3, probably, because I dont want children until Colton is ATLEAST 3 years old.

I'm thinking about the mirena too, as i cant take the mini pill or progersterone onyl pill they give me migraines and not keen on implant or injections.
so will see after i have had this bubba.

Depo can cause fertility issues with some women...

The safest is the pill or the patch. Although I was on the pill when I got pregnant lol.

I may attempt to use the patch when I go back on birth control I dont like the idea of anything inserted into my body lol.

I don't need to go back on any birth control at the minute as me and OH aren't having sex. I was going to go on the implant though because all the doctors, midwives and my health visitor were all raving about it. But I heard a few bad things about it. I'll probably just go back on the Microgynon pill when the time comes although it made me feel crap

Might be using the nuva ring,heard nothing but praise about it.

It's like a little rubber ring that you put inside and it releases hormones that prevent pregnancy,it only has to be taken out and replaced once a month and it is supposedly very effective.

But I might try the patch too...No rush for me :lol:

im having the coil fitted on wed so will let you kno, lots of people have recommended it to me but everyone is dif so god help me lol!

hey sarah

Im thinking about the coil cant be bothered with condoms again, or never having sex again that would work rather effectivley hehe only joking but at least not for a few more weeks yet

hope you and savannah are well take care sweetie

Anyone have anything to report on the IUD? Wondering if thats the go... Or maybe the ring, but I wouldn't trust myself to put it in place...

I thought about getting the ring, but I, like you, dont know if I would trust myself to get it in place so that it is completely effective. I dont have my consultation appointment until the 14th, and then will probably get my IUD soon after, so if you are still wondering I could let you know.

I've taken the deppo, and it was the best birth control method i've used. I didn't have a period for 3 months and felt fabulous the whole time. Some people say they gain weight, but I didn't gain any. Since i've gone off the shot 7 months ago, i've had the lightest periods of my life. My best friend used the IUD. She loved it and it lasts for 3 years but can be taken out at any time. She took it out and concieved the following weekend :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->