Birth plan anyone?

LoobyLou75

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Has anyone made one of these? I didn't with my last 2 pregnancies but none of them went to plan anyway.

I'm expecting my 3rd to be quick and easy (wishful thinking!) and don't feel the need to do one. I have booked myself in for the local midwife unit as opposed to the labour ward as a compromise to DH as I wanted a home birth but he doesn't want me to have one, so fingers crossed things will be ok.

Im not bothering unless the MW says so. I found it waste of time & pointless with first pregnancy, wasnt even looked at.
Just make sure your birthing partner knows all your wishes

I agree even though this is my first one! Me and dh are going to discuss everything we want previous to going to the hospital but so many people I know with kids have said its a completely pointless exercise. You can't plan what's going to happen day to day in your life in such minute detail so how can you know what labour is going to be like?! I think the main thing is to know the options beforehand to make an informed choice about what you want to happen when it does!

In my opinion its a way of getting people who would not normally have the common sense to read up about or listen to their midwife about what options they have during birth, and an NHS way of making something that should be pretty obvious seem 'new and fresh' to mums by giving it a fancy name!

I'm not making a birth plan per se but I'm discussing with the MW what my preferences are: no epidural, freedom to walk freely during labour... It's very important to me they don't treat me as a child but as an adult who make make informed decisions.

I probably will make one, firstly to make sure OH knows exactly what I want, while we'll discuss it all anyway, his memory tends to forget important details so having it on paper might help my cause with him!!!
Also cause it can't be guarenteed that the MW I'll see at all my appointments will be the one I have during labour so while I can discuss with her my choices, I can't be sure she'll be there to make sure they get seen to on the day/night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->