birth plan etc

welshmummy2be

mummy of 2 (one angel) x
Reaction score
when did you ladies discuse your birth plans?? i feel like i've not discussed anything about the birth even though we briefly talked about breastfeeding. just feel like im missing out a bit (or should i say a lot) i've not seen the labour ward or gone through anything regarding birth.

My MW only last appointment asked me to jot down what i would like had 3 babies before and was never asked so this time was nice to be asked but yep was only last tues so you have plenty of time hun xxx

I signed up the the NHS Choices website, which gives you the option to write your birth plan online. It's not perfect, but makes you think of the important options :)

https://www.nhs.uk/Planners/pregnancycareplanner/Pages/BirthPlan.aspx - this is dead good place to start!
Nothing has been mentioned about mine either haha and it's getting a bit close :) xx

i've decided not to do one. i don't want anything specific and all the other things i can think of are generally encouraged by midwifes anyway such as moving around, changing positions etc
i'm opting for a homebirth and expect when the midwife arrives i'll still be able to hold a conversation to answer any questions.
i think a birth plan is more about stating specifics your DON'T want if you feel strongly about something.

they dont usually do your birth plan until 36 weeks, we have ours on tuesday.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->