Birth Plan

ruth222

Mum of 1 to be Mum of 2
Reaction score
Has anyone not written one? I haven't purely because I want to be as flexible as I can, and just go with the flow, the only one request I have really is for a water birth, which I have written into my notes other than that I have no real requests, and when it comes to pain relief, start off at the basics and work up if needed, has anyone else not written one or is it just me? and should I have written one? x

I've not written one and I doubt I will. I am fairly flexible in how baby comes out as long as he does safe and well with minimal damage to me : )

I am interested to see what other are doing.

Cx

i havent written mine..have lots of time to tho!! the only thing i want to specify is to be as natural as possible- no needles/knives unless its neccesary and oh to cut the cord. other than that i dont care so long as bubs is ok

sara

xxxxx

I did mine today with the midwife. It was just tick boxes really!

Im keeping a total open mind to everything cos most things never go my way!

I'm with you Ruth. My plan is there is no plan!! I want it all to be relaxed as possible and I want them to communicate properly with me and explain everything that is going on. The only thing I do not want is pethidine (because of the side effects for me and bubs) but other than that I will do whatever it takes to get Munchkin here safely and to make sure both of us are healthy.

In my opinion, that is the healthiest approach to take as you are not putting pressure on yourself and are not setting yourself up for disappointment.

I bought the "what to expect when you're expecting pregnancy journal" and haven't been filling it in very well to be honest. My birthplan is semi filled out, because I am not sure how the labour/delivery will be so it is hard to determine what I want done. I guess I will just go with the flow of it all. Take it one step at a time and leave any serious medical decisions up to the discretion of my OB/GYN but to also give me options at the same time.

I did, I forgot to take it to the hospital lol. Not that it matterd as nothing went to plan!

I'm not going to make one :(

With my bleeding disorder, and low lying placenta, I don't really know what I'm getting myself into. Well, I do, but it can go so many ways..... I just don't want to make a plan, then be dissapointed.

Im not writing one. I dont wanna get to many set ideas because i dont think itll go how i think. Ill be better of i just do wot im advised to at the time.

i havnt written one, the only thing i dont want is an epidural but ill probably be screamin for one when im in labour ha

I've got lots of ideas about what I want to happen - home water birth, moving around if I want etc - but I am fully aware that these things may not happen and that it's pretty impossible to plan these things at this stage in my pregnancy.

However, I do want to be fully informed of all the choices I would like to make, so that if everything does go according to plan I know what is happening to me and feel more in control etc.

I really, really don't want a c/s. But if safety demands it, so be it.

I'm doing one more for my husbands benefit than mine. We had our home birth risk assessment and the midwife was saying to him how he's basically going to be my voice and needs to know what I want because I won't be in a fit state to communicate at the time and I think it hit him then how much attention he'll have to pay to the birth plan. I'm not going to be unrealistic though, I'm fully aware that everything could change by the second and when it comes to my babys health, I'll do anything. But I am going to have like a "in the case of the home birth going well" and then a "if we have to go into hospital" and a "if I have to have a section" one. I just want everything covered in case I am in a position where I can't speak for myself and an important decision has to be made.

I've never written one just taken things as they come. I figure you can never predict what will happen and it would take pages to cover all eventualities lol. They normally ask you about most things as you go along anyway and you can express any major concerns when you first arrive before things really get going. Just make sure you partner is fully clued up as well though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->