Birth plans

charlieann

Reaction score
Has anyone written one of these and is it important?
My midwife hasn't mentioned anything about one. I've not been to any anti-natel classes as the only thing MW gave me was dates for last year (before i was pregnant) and nothing else mentioned.
I've looked online and although i get the gist of the main things to be included in one i dont know what options to choose, i.e. birth position,, etc
I'm suddenly panicking that i aint got a clue whats gonna happen during labour and what to expect and that i should be more prepared.
Anyone written one or knows whats going on?!

Hey, I have chosen not to write one, they arent essential! They are just to outline how you want the birth of your baby to go, however it doesnt always work out the way you want, Im going in open minded about position, pain relief and everything else as I will do and take things as I need them, planning just leaves you dissapointed if you dont get what you want. But everyone is different and you may feel more comfortable writing one so the person delivering your baby knows what you want from the birth!

im not going to write one, im going to go with the flow and not turn anything down:)

my MW hasnt mentioned it either, and doubt she will, i havent written one as want to go with the flow with everything, there are a couple of things which I would like (water birth and no students - but still not guaranteed to get the birth pool) and have just wrote those in my pregnancy notes other than that its never been mentioned by MW and as long as both me and DH have an understanding of what these points are then if I can't speak he can be my voice lol. But not writing one as don't want to put too much pressure on myself to have a plan when it might not work out anything like that when the time comes!

Same here. My MW hasn't mentioned one. I'm like the other girls, going to go with the flow and see what happens. I'm not going to rule anything in or anything out :)

im not writing one as such,as i am happy to go with the flow and whatever happens,happens plus hubby knows what i want and dont want to he can let the mw know if i would be happy with something or not if i cant.

I just have a couple of things i want to happen which i will write down and that is hubby wants to cut the cord,and i want them to check ernie for a tongue tie at birth as 2 of my other boys had them and they werent picked up until later.........and i got into such a state because they coudnt feed properly-so i want to avoid that situation by knowing if he has one or not!

My Mw told me to look on the net. ahev a look on pain relief anf then write it the back of the notes. She said dont have anything set in stone and just go with the flow unless there is something really important on there that you want to happen/not happen.. just write down a few things that you would like to happen.. Birth postions arnt really important you can just get in a postion that feels most comfortable at the time.. x

relief to hear simular replies!
from what i read on the net it seemed you need an essay, yet they might not stick to it anyways so seemed bit pointless.
the only definates i have is:
* want partner there throughout to witness all the suffering!
* want to start off with minimal pain relief/ drugs, but for them to be avaliable when i change mind and demand them! also want to leave epidural as a last resort/ cant stand pain no more option.
* dont want cord cut until its stopped pulsating unless theres a problem. and OH wants to do this.

after typing all that it seems im close to an essay as it is :S

I've chosen not to have one.

With my bleeding disorder, and low lying placenta, anything can happen. I would really like to have a vaginal birth with an epidural, but that's as high tech as my birth plan goes!! ahhahaha.....

I'm still TTC but have spoken with my partner about a birthing plan, as I have epilepsy and need to take this into consideration.

We've chosen a water birth with vanilla scented candles, soft lighting, and gentle orchestral music. My partner will be in the birthing pool with me, rubbing my back and shoulders, etc. I don't want our baby taken straight out of the water as the water should be comfortable and relaxing for the baby, giving them time to adjust. OH would like to cut the cord, and we want to keep cells and blood from the placenta for future use if our child needs it. I don't want to use pain relief or have any medical intervention unless crucially important if I have a seizure during labour. Basically our main thing is to try and keep it as natural and stress free as possible :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->