Birth Pool question :)

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
for those who have had a water birth...did the water reduce the burning sensation you get when pushing?
I ask because hen i had Connah, the worst part was the burning sensation i got when his head was crowning! hurt like hell! so i was wondering if the water helped with this at all?xxx

I would love to hear an answer for this one as well. . .I'm trying to choose between two providers. . .both have tubs, but one won't let you deliver in the tub, only labor. I want to know if I should go with the provider who will also let me deliver in the tub. . .if it's worth having that extra option, that is! :)

I think you may still experience the burning sensation when the baby crowns but I imagine it's helped by the water. It certainly reduces the chances of tearing so it would make sense. I dont know as I have got out of the pool with my last 2 to deliver on a birth stool.

I have only had a water birth so I cant compare to anything but I didn't notice that pain too much so maybe it does help.

I didn't notice any burning sensation while my DD was crowning... so I can only assume it really helped.. either that or I'm a bit elastic! (which could be a polite way of saying something else!! lol)

My MW even mentioned to me about it being the "burny bit" (I kind of wish she didn't). I was thinking about that at the time.. and thinking "...nope, just not feeling it - perhaps I haven't got there yet?" I never felt it though.

I did have a tear, but that was in my vagina, not the perineum - caused my DD shoulders.. as I decided to give one massive push and delivered head, shoulders, and body all at once - I won't be doing that again! I'm only going to let my body push, not consciously push with it.
Xxx

I didnt find pushing with my first painful at all, labour was awful but delivering was great. I did at one point say 'ooh whys it burning', and she told me he was crowning but once his head was out was fine. My second though just hurt from the min i started pushing, I really hated that so hoping the pool helps a bit if this is another big baby! I tore quite badly with both though so it would be nice if the pool helped that to not happen this time too!

thanks girls. I didnt tear with Connah,just a graze so hopefully this time round should be fine if i use the pool :)xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->