birth stories and thrid tri

You know, you can also go to a public library and check out books on childbirth. We can't afford all the great books out there, either but we've found a lot of valuable information at the library (including DVDs on baby signing and prenatal yoga). We also went to a local thrift store/charity shop yesterday and bought 3 books (2 of them don't even have bends in the binder) for $5.

You also might want to think about talking about your fears with your midwife or doctor. Being completely panicked about the labour and birthing process can actually slow down labour when it gets to it and make things more difficult. Not trying to scare you, just being honest. The more comfortable you are with what all will be going on, the easier it will all be on you.

yeah i will talk to them once i get back up home, I wont see them again down here i move a week today so a week on tuesday ill be registering at the doctors and stuff. hopefully get refferred soon as and can start to get organised. I have also signed up for NCT classes and they look quite good, ill be going alone though but im sure it will still help. I have a history of panic attacks and i just worry ill have one, so its kind of like having a asthma attach i just cant breathe and that scares me because you have to breathe in labour!!! well you have to breathe all the time hahaha!!

When pregnant with my first it was a scary thought when you read birth stories.
When your in that situation its all different. You just take it, deal with it & get on with it.

I plan on a 5 min labour with no pain, no blood and no pooping so I am not worried at all.

I've decided, I'm not actually going to be there for the birth! My body will be, my mind will be a million miles away!

its my body im worried about hahahaha, my mind can handle it, but can my body?!

I plan on a 5 min labour with no pain, no blood and no pooping so I am not worried at all.

:rofl:
love it :) this is my attitude obviously as Im now in 3rd tri and still not worried but I have gave birth before and remember the shock didnt hit until I was in the hospital and I still didnt have much fear I was just pissed I couldnt eat all day :rofl:...guess everyones different but Id say even though I was induced I had a really good labor and delivery so Im just thinking its going to go the same this time fingers Xed :) reading those stories just makes me want these 3 months to go by quicker so I can see my lil man :)

how about someone else comes and takes over for a day and gives birth for me?

I dunno, I'm kinda looking forward to the 'challange' it doesn't really scare me at all. maybe I'm just still in denial??
Not sure, I have a pretty friggin high pain threshold as it is, and firmly believe that my body is designed to do this without to much interference.
I just want to be able to zone out of my surroundings, and into what my baby and body are telling me and let natural instinct take over.

yeah but its gonna be amazing its a proffesional who took the shots! but the music and pictures are so moving together! esp when the brother cuts the cord!

All I can say is I wish I hadn't spent the whole of my first pregnancy being terrified of the birth. I think some people love to tell you about what a terrible time they had, but although it was painful it wasn't as bad as I imagined. This time I'm much more relaxed about it all. I think I terrified myself with too much information first time round xx

I dunno, I'm kinda looking forward to the 'challange' it doesn't really scare me at all. maybe I'm just still in denial??
Not sure, I have a pretty friggin high pain threshold as it is, and firmly believe that my body is designed to do this without to much interference.
I just want to be able to zone out of my surroundings, and into what my baby and body are telling me and let natural instinct take over.

I'm glad I'm not the only one looking forward to the birth as a challenge! If you're in denial, then I'm right there with you. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->